Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 03-15-2008, 02:29 PM

UR browser issue pre & post beta

In trying to avoid FF a bit, I've imported all my FF favorites into UR. One link leads to http://janrif.zenfolio.com/p849302784/

When I go to that URL using UR's browser, then click on the slide show button, I get a server busy msg & switch to option which calls IE.

What's that about?
Old 03-15-2008, 09:35 PM

Re: UR browser issue pre & post beta

Quote:
Originally posted by janrif
When I go to that URL using UR's browser, then click on the slide show button, I get a server busy msg & switch to option which calls IE.
I can't duplicate your issue here. The link is perfectly ok in UR. Have you tried Ctrl+F5 to update the link?
Armstrong
Old 03-16-2008, 07:53 AM

Re: Re: UR browser issue pre & post beta

Quote:
Originally posted by armsys
I can't duplicate your issue here. The link is perfectly ok in UR. Have you tried Ctrl+F5 to update the link?
Armstrong
To be sure we are on the same page, the link is ok here too. The problem arises when I click on "Slide Show". I cannot view the slide show within UR; it calls FF or IE browser. The error I reported seems to be part of the same problem altho it doesn't occur each time. It appears to me that the UR browser (based on IE) is not capable of opening some links in another tab & that's when I get this busy error. It is possible that IE7 acts differently. I am on IE6 because I am on a w2k machine, not XP or Vista.
Old 03-16-2008, 08:34 AM

janrif,
Based upon your description, I presume UR calls Windows XP and IE-specific commands when clicking the "slid show."
I'm sorry for my misunderstanding of your original problem description.
Armstrong
Old 03-16-2008, 08:38 AM

Quote:
[snip] I'm sorry for my misunderstanding of your original problem description. [/snip]
No apology necessary as I probably was not clear in my description. If you are using an XP or Vista machine, what happens when you open that URL in the UltraRecall browser & then click on slide show? I'd appreciate it if you could try this for me.
Old 03-16-2008, 09:09 AM

janrif,

After clicking the Slidshow button, a new IE window pops up to show the slide. That's unusual.
BTW, my system: Windows XP and IE7.

Armstrong
Old 03-16-2008, 09:20 AM

Hi janrif,

You may find the following info useful:
http://www.zenfolio.com/zf/faq.aspx
What Web browsers are best supported by the Zenfolio site?
Zenfolio is a modern Web service and requires modern Web browsers. The site is best accessed using:

Internet Explorer version 7
Internet Explorer version 6.0 +
The latest version of Mozilla Firefox
The latest version of Safari on Mac OS X
Other Web browsers may work but are not actively tested.

Armstrong
Old 03-16-2008, 09:39 AM

Quote:
After clicking the Slidshow button, a new IE window pops up to show the slide. That's unusual. BTW, my system: Windows XP and IE7
Thanks for testing, Armstrong. That tells me it's not UR, it's not my machine & it's not URp browser (IE6+) & w2k. Appreciate your help.
Old 03-17-2008, 06:22 AM
Administrator

Testing on Win 2K SP4 w/ IE6 and Win XP SP2 w/ IE7, I never see a 'server busy' message and get the same results with UR as IE standalone -- the slideshow page opens in a second/external, full-screen IE window. It's not a normal link but insists on opening in a separate window without menus, toolbars, etc., so it seems to be working as designed. Just speculating, but maybe if the external IE instance takes a while to start/initialize, Windows could report a 'server busy' message during that time.
Old 03-17-2008, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by kinook
Testing on Win 2K SP4 w/ IE6 and Win XP SP2 w/ IE7, I never see a 'server busy' message and get the same results with UR as IE standalone -- the slideshow page opens in a second/external, full-screen IE window. It's not a normal link but insists on opening in a separate window without menus, toolbars, etc., so it seems to be working as designed. Just speculating, but maybe if the external IE instance takes a while to start/initialize, Windows could report a 'server busy' message during that time.
Kinook, Thanks for testing. I've been trying to make more use of UR's browser since FF seems to eat RAM so this particular development was a bit frustrating but I think it is as you've described. Appreciate the prompt feedback.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: