Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 03-01-2014, 08:06 AM

PDF inline viewing

Just downloaded the trial of the Professional Version and it looks very good. I'm coming from TreePojects. I use a lot of PDF indexing and searching. When I view the PDF (using latest version of Foxit Reader), it works but there is something that annoys me. Nothing major but wanted to see if anyone has this issue:

When viewing a PDF inline with Foxit Reader, when I move my cursor to the scroll bar or the tooldbar in Foxit Reader my cursor changes to the processing mode. I can still use all the features and they are not frozen.

I'm using Windows 7 X64 SP1 so the cursor is the revolving circle. CPU does not spike nor any other resources.

All in all it has a lot of features and is updated more than TreeProjects. I think some new users may be somewhat taken back by the sheer number of options and features but for me I really like the functionality.
Old 03-01-2014, 09:12 AM
Administrator

I see the same behavior (at least it does not appear to affect any functionality). I noticed that it does not occur with older versions, which can be downloaded from http://www.oldapps.com/foxit_reader.php. All v4 releases and v5.0.x and v5.1.x don't have this problem, but v5.3 and later do (note that 5.3.1 is mislabeled as 5.1.3 on that page). I think this would require a fix from Foxit.
Old 03-02-2014, 05:00 AM

Thanks. Appreciate the response.
Old 03-04-2014, 02:09 AM

So I just started exporting from Treeprojects and importing into URP and noticed Foxit doing the exact same thing in Treeprojects

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: