Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 01-30-2008, 11:33 AM

Menu Numonics

Not sure if that's the right term (numonics)...

From any Item in the Data Explorer, Alt-Insert to expose the Templates available to insert as a child. The first letter of each Template name becomes a hot-key to select/insert, or if more than one Template begins with the same letter (Task, Text) pressing that letter will place the selector at the first instance of the letter in the list.

If you prefix a Template Name with a number, 1 - Template Name, this Template will sort to the top of the list and pressing the appropiate number will insert the selected Template. But only if you use the number keys from the keyboard, using the number keypad (NumLock = On) will not make a selection.

Is this the proper behavoir?
Old 01-30-2008, 11:47 AM
Administrator

Re: Menu Numonics

Quote:
Originally posted by ashwken
Not sure if that's the right term (numonics)...
mnemonics

Quote:
If you prefix a Template Name with a number, 1 - Template Name, this Template will sort to the top of the list
It will actually sort in the order of the templates (by default, the children of Templates are sorted, but they can be moved up and down to order differently).

Quote:
and pressing the appropiate number will insert the selected Template. But only if you use the number keys from the keyboard, using the number keypad (NumLock = On) will not make a selection.

Is this the proper behavoir?
It works with the regular and numeric keypad (with NumLock on) number keys in my tests. Is there anything special about your keyboard/driver or other resident software that could be interfering with normal behavior?
Old 01-30-2008, 12:22 PM

Re: Re: Menu Numonics

Quote:
Originally posted by kinook
mnemonics
Yes, like the Keanu Reeves character Johnny Mnemonics.
Quote:

It works with the regular and numeric keypad (with NumLock on) number keys in my tests. Is there anything special about your keyboard/driver or other resident software that could be interfering with normal behavior?
See this thread:
http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthre...&threadid=3441

As far as interference, nothing that I can think of, the Number Keypad works as expected during data entry (in UR and other programs) - both here at work and at home (where I first noticed the behavior).

Not really running anything strange or exotic (on either system) that I can think of.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: