Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Visual Build Professional > [VBP] Third Party Tools

Old 06-06-2003, 08:17 PM

Send a message via AIM to ruckerl Send a message via Yahoo to ruckerl
Question New Visual Studio Compiler causing greef

I just installed the new visual studio 2003 compiler. I noticed that now when the 'Make VS.Net' should fail, Visual Build contines like everything is ok. I think that MS might have changed something... Does anyone know of a workaround?

Thanks
Len
Old 06-11-2003, 06:55 PM

Send a message via AIM to ruckerl Send a message via Yahoo to ruckerl
Got a workaround but I still have a question or 2

First I had to uninstall VS .NET 2003.

Then I checked to see if that worked.. Nope Visual Build says"... Pre-processing
Unable to locate devenv compiler..." But I'm still able to start the IDE and everything works there.

Next I reinstall VS .NET 2002.

Now Visual Build works fine...

My questions are how does visual build know that the compiler is installed?
We have 5 other computers that I have to do this to. It would be nice if I could avoid the reinstall step, by adding what the VS. NET 2003 uninstall deleted.

How does visual build figure out if the build was successful? Perhaps I can figure out what MS changed...

Thanks
Len
Old 06-11-2003, 09:15 PM
Administrator

We haven't encountered different behavior between VS.NET 2002 and 2003 regarding the exitcode returned by devenv when building a project/solution. If you have a reproducible case for it, you might want to submit a support incident with Microsoft.

This is from the help: "...looks for the command-line DEVENV compiler by looking for this registry entry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\App Paths\devenv.exe ..." Usually, that entry will be updated by the last version installed, but you can override this on the Options tab if necessary (if it's unable to locate automatically or to target both versions within a build).

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: