Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2007, 02:03 PM

reverse sort

I’d like to be able to sort the siblings in the explorer pane in reverse order. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks.
Bal
Old 03-05-2007, 08:05 AM
Administrator

Not currently.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:05 PM

If it's not too much bother, can you please put it on the roadmap.

Reason why: currently, if I create entries where the siblings are named by a date stamp, it means that the most recent is at the bottom of the list, which means, often enough that I have to scroll to see the most current listings. I'd like the most recent listings to appear at the top of the list.

Thanks.

Regards,
Bal
Old 03-05-2007, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by wordmuse
If it's not too much bother, can you please put it on the roadmap.

Reason why: currently, if I create entries where the siblings are named by a date stamp, it means that the most recent is at the bottom of the list, which means, often enough that I have to scroll to see the most current listings. I'd like the most recent listings to appear at the top of the list.

Thanks.

Regards,
Bal
Several people asked this, mainly because of trying to use date as the "Item Title". This is conceptually wrong (trying to use string for date attribute). It would be nice if the item itself can be an attribute, for the time being the date attribute would be enough. Having one button in the menu that would trigger among "sorted/inverse sorted/user sorted", would be nice ... so if item is of type string it would be alphabetical sorting, if the item is of type date, no matter what date format one uses, the sorting would be just the usual sort by date.

However, there could be another level of sorting, where the Date explorer could be sorted by any attribute just like in the child pane. By right-clicking on item, there would be "sort" option -> it would have sub-options of the list of attributes currently used in the child pane -> and each such attribute another 3 sub-options -> "sorted/inverse sorted/user sorted"
Old 08-16-2007, 01:09 PM

OK, add my vote for reverse sort siblings in the Data Explorer Pane - seems like a natural.

Never know what you need until you don't have it.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by wordmuse
[snip] if I create entries where the siblings are named by a date stamp, it means that the most recent is at the bottom of the list, which means, often enough that I have to scroll to see the most current listings. I'd like the most recent listings to appear at the top of the list. [/snip]
Bal, not a comment re: road map but I think I'm missing something here.

I have a similar situation & I've overcome it setting up a favorite for top branch (open in new tab) & option auto search & reverse sort in children based on create date. Sounds complicated but it's only one click (on the favorite).

Not exactly what you want but maybe it would help w all that scrolling?
Old 08-26-2007, 08:08 PM

I'll give your idea a try. Sounds like a nice work-around till the real deal is available.

Perhaps a good way to do this would be to simply give me a sort option on an item that sorts its children. Let me right-click the item, call up the context menu, select sort, and then choose the attribute on which the children will be sorted *in the Explorer pane.*

Regards,
Bal