Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] Suggestions

Old 12-09-2007, 10:03 AM

Attribute - Edit count attribute

I think this would be a nice addition to the access count attribute (to see which items you have worked on most).

I'd suggest having it work also for name changes.

Low priority suggestion.
Old 12-09-2007, 01:48 PM

Re: Attribute - Edit count attribute

Quote:
Originally posted by Quantum7
I think this would be a nice addition to the access count attribute (to see which items you have worked on most).

I'd suggest having it work also for name changes.

Low priority suggestion.
You can edit access count (item attributes pane), I do it regularly, because I don't like how it works at the moment, see my other suggestion http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthre...&threadid=3298

Last edited by quant; 12-09-2007 at 02:26 PM.
Old 12-09-2007, 04:25 PM

Not undercutting either suggestion but I don't understand why one would want to know how many times a particular item was accessed or changed. I'm sure there's a use I just dont' get it. Could one of you explain by example?
Old 12-09-2007, 05:17 PM

Access count:
To see which parts of the 'tree' I use most / least. Which in turn I use for determining what part(s) of the tree is effectivily set up / which isn't. For instance, a part of the tree created ages ago which I've never ever accessed, might be useful to downgrade to a less accessible place. A part of the tree used alot might be important enough to split up in a number of subbranches.

Real-life example: I had a list of references stored (i.e. computer logins, IP addresses, etcetera). It ended up being 8-9 times as much visited as any other item in the tree. Because of that I split it up in a number of category-specific lists.

Another use is to get an idea which subjects apparently interest you most .

Edit counts
Partly: See above.

The reason I'd like this separately from the access count is that viewing and changing an item indicate a different goal with the data. For instance, using a text item (with a simple list in it) might be useful if I only edit an item once or twice. But if I am going to edit it 200+ times, it might be useful to change it to an Excel sheet and set it up smarter (filter, formatting, etcetera).

Another example: It'd be nice to be able to create a search in which I search for all items that have been editted more than i.e. 100 times. That way I get all items I edit alot (without also getting items I click on to navigate through the tree).
Old 12-09-2007, 06:09 PM

Quantum, Thanks for taking the time to explain this to me. Makes sense. Hopefully Kinook will add it to Roadmap.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: