Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 12-13-2004, 07:13 AM

Keyword capabilities

I'm looking for a way to access all of the user-assigned keywords in a database, so that I can use them in new items. The only keyword access appears to be item specific. Is that corrrect? Also, are keywords intended to be single words only; how about phrases? Thanks. Paul
Old 12-15-2004, 09:42 AM
Administrator

The Item Keywords dialog shows all item keywords for a single item, and all common keywords for multiple selection. Would replacing the Add keyword edit box with a combo that is populated with all previously added user-defined keywords be useful?

Currently, matching of keywords is on single words (no phrases). But if you add multiple keywords and then search on all those words, it will find only items with all the specified words. Also, a matches wildcard search (or double-quoted quick search) should match on multiple-word user-defined keywords. This is a bug that will be addressed in the next release.
Old 12-15-2004, 12:33 PM

A combo box would be very helpful because it would show what keywords have already been defined for the entire file. It would also be helpful to be able to add, modify, or delete keywords independently, that is, with a dedicated dialog box, menu item, or window.

The ideal for me would also include a tree with keywords and related navigation ability -- for instance, what keywords are combined with others in a tree layout, and the ability to display the items that have individual keywords. Just dreaming.

I really like this program. I use and try out a lot of software, and can't remember the last time that I woke up in the morning with ideas about how to use it.

Cheers, Paul

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: