Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 12-22-2007, 07:26 AM

Document Type Missing from Template

When defining Template Item, the Document is missing from the list. Why and how does it happen?
Attached Images

Old 12-22-2007, 07:34 AM

The Item in question is based on a Text (rtf) Type template.

To create a Document Type template, Insert a new Item into the Templates Folder based on the default Document Template.
Old 12-22-2007, 07:59 AM

Hi ashwken,

Is Document already existing in the system templates folder?
I followed your suggestion to create another Document template. Then, the list still contains no Document.

Armstrong
Attached Images

Old 12-22-2007, 08:52 AM

Please see the attached zipfile which contains a series of screenshots that show Template creation as described in the earlier post (http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthre...&threadid=3329).
Attached Files
File Type: zip screens1.zip (163.3 KB, 1061 views)
Old 12-22-2007, 11:56 AM

Hi Ashwken,

Thanks for your walking me through the creation of a template. I'm sorry that doesn't answer my orignal question.

When drag & drop various webpages into UR, some webpages become a "text" info items while others "doument" info items.

I did create a document template but it won't show up in the droplist when attempting to change from "text" to "document" template.

Why are the differences?
Why can I not change the template from "text' to "document"? I can't because the document option is missing from the droplist.

Armstrong

Last edited by armsys; 12-22-2007 at 12:05 PM.
Old 12-22-2007, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by armsys
When drag & drop various webpages into UR, some webpages become a "text" info items while others "doument" info items.
This has more to do with what or how you bring the material into UR.

For example: I highlighted part of this message thread, then drug it to UR, a Document Item was created for the selected Text. If I copy the same selected text to the clipboard then go to an Item in UR and do a Ctrl-V I may get the clipboard contents as Text or as a Document - depends on the following setting Tools | Options | Import - Prefer Text/Rich Text Clipboard Formats.

Also, you'll get different results from the right-click menu Paste Special choices.

Quote:
I did create a document template but it won't show up in the droplist when attempting to change from "text" to "document" template. Why can I not change the template from "text' to "document"?
I don't know why you can't change the Template Type from Text to Doc, probably has something to do with the viewing properties of an Item for the internal broswer. But it doesn't really matter why you can't, suffice to say that's not the way it's done.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: