Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] Suggestions

Old 11-13-2007, 08:00 PM

calendar view suggestion

I'd like to see the future calendar view be tied to a stored search - in other words, a search is created and one date field is designated as the one to display in the calendar view (I guess there would need to be a way to toggle back and forth between the calendar view and its underlying search). I think this would allow some very interesting views beyond just a standard appointment calendar (which I also want). This also implies an arbitrary number of "calendars" - I see the calendar as a type of viewer that should be flexible enough to appear in multiple places in the data explorer.

The standard appointment calendar could essentially be a stored search of "Item is appointment." The difference here is that there are four fields used for display - begin date, begin time, end date, end time - so I suppose there must be a way to designate the fields used for start and end points.

However, most of what I'm talking about would only involve one date field.

For example:

A list of domain names with expiration dates - view as calendar showing each domain based on its Expiration Date field
Email messages from a certain person - view as calendar showing each message based on the Message Date field

etc.

It would then be nice to have a "master" calendar view which would pull in all "stored search calendars" into one overall calendar...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: