Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] Suggestions

Old 09-16-2009, 01:43 AM

is there a way to preserve logical links?

If I copy a part of a tree in one URP4 database to another database, should the logical links between items work? If so, how? When I try, links from one item to another appear inside an item, but clicking them doesn't work.

Thanks.
Bal
Old 09-16-2009, 07:47 AM
Administrator

Do you mean internal links (a link to another item within the item text)? No, that isn't supported. Logical links (multiple links to the same item in the tree) are preserved when copying a hierarchy containing them between databases.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:44 PM

Sorry - yes I meant internal links.

If I have a need to transfer part of a URP4 database to another database; typically when I would want to discuss something with a client, but do not want to take the entire database with me, is there a recommendation on how to do this?

Can I export a tree from a node and import it to a new database with the internal links inside an item working as they do in the original database?

The way I have to do it now; which makes me nervous, is to take the entire database with me to the client, and hoist the project. But that means my data is in an environment that's not all that secure - his offices.

This wouldn't be a problem if I could search across URP4 databases, but that's also not supported. So I'm not sure how to do what I want.

Thoughts?

Thanks.
- Bal
Old 09-16-2009, 01:28 PM
Administrator

I can't think of other options for that, other than copying the database, deleting other branches in the copy (Shift+Del or empty recycle bin afterwards), and taking that copy to the client.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:00 PM

OK - I'll have to work out what to do. It makes my desire for multi-database search all the stronger. If you please.
- Bal
Old 09-16-2009, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by kinook
I can't think of other options for that, other than copying the database, deleting other branches in the copy (Shift+Del or empty recycle bin afterwards), and taking that copy to the client.
I often do this, but it's a painful process, could sth better be done? Maybe an export option, that would create a new db with all the default items + the selected ones, preserving the selected items ...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: