Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2006, 10:27 AM

Not keywording subject

I have an info item with the subject Dundee Office XP Upgrade and I've discovered, after searching for it for ages, that the keywords list for the item does not contain either XP or Upgrade, yet neither word is an excluded keyword. The item is a text item that was typed direclty into UR.

I think something similar might account for several other items that I've been unable to find by searching.

Is there anything that can be done about this? For example, can I get UR to re-generate the keywords for all such items?
Old 02-08-2006, 04:49 PM

A bug in a much earlier version of Ultra Recall didn't keyword the item title of Info Items in certain situations, when were the Info Items in question created?

You can fully re-keyword Info Items by Syncing them (Item | Synchronize on the menu, Ctrl+F5 is the default keyboard shortcut).
Note: Synchronize is available for multiple selection.
Old 02-08-2006, 05:42 PM

The item was created on 17 January 2006.

Synchronizing the item doesn't work; the item was created in Ultra Recall using a custom template based on the text template, and it gives a message saying "Error synchronizing item: Url not found". The URL attribute just contains ".rtf".

I may be wrong, but it looks as if UR doesn't keyword item titles anyway: the properties for Item Title indicate that it is a System attribute and it won't let me tick and OK the Keyword attribute values checkbox.
Old 02-08-2006, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dasymington

I may be wrong, but it looks as if UR doesn't keyword item titles anyway: the properties for Item Title indicate that it is a System attribute and it won't let me tick and OK the Keyword attribute values checkbox.
I am wrong; it does keyword the item title: I added another word to the title and it added the new word and the other words that were missing to the list of keywords.

It does look as if there's been something wrong with keywording item titles, though. I've checked new items that have been added with the same template and UR keywords the item title correctly.

I said the template was based on the text template but it's actually based on the document template and has somehow got .rtf in the URL attribute; that explains the URL error on synchronization.
Old 02-08-2006, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dasymington
I said the template was based on the text template but it's actually based on the document template and has somehow got .rtf in the URL attribute; that explains the URL error on synchronization.
However, more seriously, if I remove the URL attribute from the template, the item contents of ALL THE ITEMS BASED ON THIS TEMPLATE get deleted. This is a serious drawback and I'm glad I spotted it in time to undo it.

Is this meant to happen? Why would removing the URL attribute from the template delete the item contents of all items based on that template? The contents didn't come from a URL; they were typed into UR.

Unfortunately, this means I can't re-keyword the items that haven't got keywords from the item title because synchronization fails because of the URL error. Is there any other way to get these items re-keyworded, preferably without changing the Date Modified because I use that attribute a lot in my queries.
Old 02-08-2006, 09:36 PM

The stored content for any Info Item based on the Document template is associated with the Url attribute, which should be not be deletable (in this case Ultra Recall should prevent the Url attribute from being deleted). If you can delete this attribute, then something is wrong (can you copy this Info Item to a new .urd file and send it to support@kinook.com for our review?).

Actually, Item Titles should always be keyworded (even though the system attribute properties indicates they are not). Perhaps the sample requested above will indicate why it wasn't in your case. The initial v1.4c release wasn't rekeywording the Item Title attribute value when an Info Item was Synchronized. The v 1.4c download file has been updated to fix this issue. After installing the this v1.4c build, UltraRecall.exe will be at version 1.4.3.1 (viewable at Help | About | Install Info).

The Synchronize feature will re-retrieve the data specified by the url attribute if a value is specified (which is why you encountered the url not found error). To Synchronize the Info Item you describe, delete the url value (not the attribute!) since it isn't a valid url anyway. Then Synchronize will function as expected.

One note: you can use a search criteria of "Dundee Office XP Upgrade" (the dbl-quotes are the key) in a Quick Search to do a Matches Wildcard search on attribute values and keywords. This will accomplish the search you were attempting even if the keywords are not present (the equivalent of an Advanced Search with a criteria of: (Item) Matches Wildcard *critera*). The help file will be updated in the near future to better document this Quick Search feature.
Old 02-09-2006, 03:50 AM

Database on it's way to you. Thanks for your help.