Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] Suggestions

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-26-2005, 12:14 PM

Splitting windows

Is it possible to split the item window and the data explorer window so that 2 parts of the document can be seen and edited at the same time?
Old 11-02-2005, 04:59 PM

That's not possible with the built-in RTF editor. But if you use a Word document or rtf template [1] instead for your "rich text" items, Word (or other rtf editors) do support window splitting.

Note: currently you can't use an external editor (or Word internally in the browser view) for internal Text Info Items, which is why you need to use an alternate template based on the document template (as described above). This limitation will be removed with version 1.4, allowing a user to edit any .rtf within Ultra Recall (with MS Word in the internal browser view) or externally with your associated .rtf editor.

[1] http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthre...?threadid=1203
Old 11-06-2005, 01:19 PM

While that will be a useful addition, it is not quite what I meant.
What I want to be able to split is two PARTS of a database, not 2 parts of an item, each with an item window. Will that be possible.
Old 11-06-2005, 08:38 PM
Administrator

It is on the list for a future release to provide a tabbed interface for quick switching between multiple items (ala Firefox tabs), but even with that, there won't be any way to show/edit the details of two different items on the screen simultaneously (without switching between tabs).
Old 01-13-2007, 06:44 AM

Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by kinook
It is on the list for a future release to provide a tabbed interface for quick switching between multiple items (ala Firefox tabs), but even with that, there won't be any way to show/edit the details of two different items on the screen simultaneously (without switching between tabs).
...which would be a great feature for a future release, to be able to compare or text copy-paste between two different items!
Old 02-26-2008, 09:47 AM

Is there any thought to even considering having a split window. Switching between tabs is nice, but it is better to be able to SEE two windows at once. This is very useful when writing or doing research and making notes. It is not the same as using item notes, because those notes are linked to a specific item.
Old 04-13-2018, 09:42 AM

I know this is an old thread (10 years). Has window splitting ever been implemented? I would like to take two tabs and place them side by side to work. I have not found a way to do this... Essentially, what I am looking for is similar to that in Visual Studio where you can take two code windows and pane them side by side. This is a large performance drain having to bounce from tab to tab.

Last edited by csleech; 04-13-2018 at 09:47 AM.
Old 04-13-2018, 09:48 AM
Administrator

Here's one way.

https://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthr...1599#post21599

And another

https://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthr...4395#post14395

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: