Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 12-24-2007, 06:52 AM

Opening Mindmap

Is it possible open MindMananger Mindmaps (.mmap) inside the Item Details pane? For this matter, is it possible to open ListPro .clf inside the Item Details pane as well?

Armstrong
Old 12-24-2007, 10:23 AM

Word, Pdf, Excel, Powerpoint and a few others are supported (with an actual "viewer") in the Item Details pane since those applications provide an active X "viewer" that can be hosted inside of Internet Explorer. I don't think that an Internet Explorer-compatible "viewer" is provided or available for MindManager or List Pro files...

I believe Mind Manager files are xml files, if you want to view the raw xml in the Item Details pane, add .xml to the "File extensions to display in internal browser view" option at Tools | Options | Browser <tab>.

I believe ListPro files are text, so adding .txt to the same list will likely display the raw data in a ListPro file...
Old 12-24-2007, 05:33 PM

Kevina, How about OOo write files? I had asked about this before but never rcvd a reply. Thanks.
Old 12-24-2007, 06:56 PM

Hi Kevina,

Is Mindjet MindManager Viewer 7 (http://www.mindjet.com/us/products/m.../index.php?s=3) an Active x?

Armstrong
Old 12-24-2007, 08:55 PM

Regarding the MindManager Viewer url mentioned: no, it looks like it is a regular "viewer" application, much like the free Ultra Recall viewer. Both are configured as standalone executables (not an active x control to be hosted in Internet Explorer).

Regarding OO files, I think there is an active X control that can be installed that can be hosted in Internet Explorer (and probably also in Ultra Recall), but I believe it only provides read-only access (no modification capabilities) so it would be of very limited usefulness... Here is a link that implies the capability (as well as at least one user reporting that it doesn't always work in IE).
Old 12-25-2007, 11:27 AM

Kevina, Thanks for the link. For the record, OOo Write will open in URe 'sort of' by adding *.odt to browser option. Editing of *.odt file must be done outside of URe.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: