Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-21-2007, 07:51 PM

Print Margins and Headers

I have had trouble with maintaining my Page Setup entries (margin settings and header settings) for several releases. I am currently running UR Pro 3.0.2.

Specifically, my databases retain the margin and header distances from the top and bottom, and they retain the header text settings ONLY IF the bottom margin is set to 5" or less.

If the bottom margin is changed to 5.1" or greater, on the next print preview, the top and bottom margins change from 1" and 5.1", respectively, to .75" and .75". The top and bottom header distances change from .7" and 4.5", respectively, to .4" and .4". The top header text changes from <Item Title> in the top left and %longdate% in top right to %longdate% in the top left and blank in the top right. The bottom header texts change from whatever setting they had to the defaults: "Ultra Recall" and %page%.

Once these settings appear, they remain until moving %longdate% from the top left header to the top right header. The top left then defaults to <Item Title> as it should.

In earlier releases, ANY changes to ANY Page Setup entries would immediately change the margin and header entries to double what they were previously. This would happen when changing the tab selection from and to Margins and Headers.

This has occurred, in all instances, to several different printers selected as default in Windows (HP LaserJet and HP DeskJet). They also occur in both Win2k and WinXP Pro OS.

Haven't found this issue anywhere in the forums.