Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2009, 07:45 PM

Send from UR using Thunderbird

Trying to use the "send" to send a file out of UR using Thunderbird have been trying copy past will work but using send will not get a failed mesage
System: HP 3ram running vista ultimate.

Sorry if this has been posted somewhere else but I could not find it
Old 07-10-2009, 10:04 PM
Administrator

UR uses the standard MAPISendMail method for File | Send (similar to what is used for right-click -> Send To -> Mail Recipient in Explorer). In my tests with Outlook 2007, Windows Mail, and Thunderbird 2.0.0.22 on Vista, making any of those the default mail client and restarting Windows causes that mail app to be used for File | Send in UR and Send To -> Mail Recipient in Explorer. I don't know how to diagnose if this isn't working for you. Maybe try uninstalling/reinstalling Thunderbird.
Old 07-11-2009, 01:51 AM

Working

Thanks Kinook for the fast replay. Followed you advise and it is working fine. I found out that Window Explorer send didn't work either reinstalling thunderbird fixed the problem. This is a new computer and the problem started when I just had a look at outlook nothing else and even outlook has been un-installed it still stopped me from using Thunderbird in those situation

Thanks

Jurgen
Old 07-14-2009, 04:44 AM

There is a problem with version 2.0.0.22 of Thunderbird under Vista and Windows 7: if you upgrade to this version sending of attachments from anywhere (Explorer, etc) stops working. I had to revert to the previous version to get this functionality again.
Old 07-14-2009, 04:12 PM

Problems to

I have the same problem updating to the latest version of Thunderbird in Vista it stopped working again. So re-installed the previous version no it is working again. This problem is not only with UR but with all other program incl. WE

Jurgen