Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Visual Build Professional > [VBP] General Discussion

Old 05-21-2010, 12:04 PM

Unhappy FTP behavior change from VBP 6 -> 7

There appears to be a behavior change from VisualBuild Pro 6.7 to 7.5 with the FTP action that is causing strange behavior.

We use the FTP action to push files from a windows build machine to a Linux (CentOS) build machine. We are noticing that after the conversion, the file permissions on Linux are strange. The owner doesn't have "read" access to the files (they have write only). We can use chmod to fix the issue after the transfer but why is this occuring? This was not an issue with VisualBuild Pro 6.

Any ideas what changed? Any ideas what to try to fix it besides using putty to run a shell script to chmod after the FTP. If I have to update anything, I only want to change the FTP step.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:10 PM
Administrator

http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthre...?threadid=4496
Old 05-21-2010, 12:12 PM

clarification

There is more to the issue than just the FTP. We have used VisualBuild 6.X for a year with these FTP steps without ever seeing this issue. I upgraded yesterday and keep finding files that only the owner has "write" permission to. If I delete the file and re-run the step the issue does not occur. The only change is the version of Visual Build Pro. The only files this occured on is with FTP'd files using Visual Build Pro.

So it seems directly related to Visual Build Pro upgrade but I have not been able to isolate the issue. I would like to understand the issue before I roll the upgrade out to the entire team.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:13 PM

Thanks

Thanks, I will upgrade from 7.5a to 7.5b.
Old 05-24-2010, 03:06 PM

More FTP differences

I found the "Delete destination files..." & "Delete empty root..." options for FTP do not appear to work with Visual Build Pro 7.5b. The local folder is "C:\Blah" destination is "Blah", include files is *.* with nothing listed in the exclude.

The script is running on a WinXP box and the destination is a Linux CentOS box.

I think this had been working with version 6.
Old 05-24-2010, 03:36 PM
Administrator

That works as expected here (see attached project and log), testing w/ Win7 and FreeBSD.
http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthre...?threadid=3044
Attached Files
File Type: zip testftp.zip (1.5 KB, 986 views)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: