Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-05-2016, 11:26 AM

Problems caused by the update to Windows 10

I had a good setup. Ultra Recall was one of the solutions for organising my notes, I had Microsoft Word files and Microsoft Excel files embedded within the UR database and they could be edited within UR in the item details pane.

Then an update was forced upon me by Microsoft, my laptop upgraded to Windows 10 without my permission or instigation.

I had to re-create the setup as it was from my backed up data and re-installing all the programs.

I have tried to re-create the UR setup as it was before the upgrade, but some things have changed. My laptop was destroyed by the upgrade so I have had to buy a new one. Also MIcrosoft did not recognise my license for Office 2007 so I have had to buy a new one, Office 2013.

I used to be able to edit office documents within Ultra Recall, I have tried to re-create that setup but it seems with a combination of Office 2013 and Windows 10 the documents always open externally and start up the application, which I could live with, reluctantly, but it would be better if they would open inside UR.

I have the settings as they were before the upgrade (or at least I think I do).

Can anyone shed any light on what is going on?

Tags
ole , windows 10

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: