Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 05-23-2010, 03:21 AM

collapse current item - bug (or I'm doing sth wrong)

i've put up with this one for a long time, and tried to corrent many times, but no luck.

i'm in data explorer on item that has children items expanded. when i press "left arrow", the childrens are collapsed. when i press "left arrow" second time i would think UR should either do nothing or (my personal preference) move "one up" in the tree hierarchy. instead UR does "paste" command and creates new child item. if i do "left arrow" again, new child item is created etc ...

the same "paste" will happen if i press "left arrow" on item that has no children.

i tried to map "left arrow" to some "action" but then that action works also when i'm in "item details pane" so it's not usable.

anyone else can replicate this? or did i mess up sth?

note:
it does "paste" if in the clipboard is some selected text from website copied/linked to UR).

Last edited by quant; 05-23-2010 at 05:47 AM.
Old 05-23-2010, 05:41 AM

I noticed the strange left arrow pasting behavior that you describe a few weeks ago as I was trying to replace mousing with more keyboarding.

Eventually I tried Tools |Customize|Keyboard|Reset All which successfully made the left arrow work like your described personal preference.

I am using 4.1.3.0 on Win 7. I'll upgrade to the latest version and report if the deviant left arrow behavior returns.
Old 05-23-2010, 06:05 AM

hi $bill,

thanks, "Tools |Customize|Keyboard|Reset All" helped.

i backed up UltraRecall.dat before doing that, but interestingly enough, the file didn't change. what's going on?
Old 05-23-2010, 06:09 AM

hmmmm, even more strange ... sometimes left arrow "moves up in tree hierarchy" sometimes it does nothing
Old 05-23-2010, 09:03 AM

For what it's worth, when I use left arrow in the Data Explorer the behaviour is always: collapse subitems if they're expanded, otherwise move up one in the hierarchy.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: