Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 03-09-2008, 05:01 PM

Location: I live in a small village a few minutes south of Ottawa, Canada
I'm still at it - diverse notions

I've got a couple more ideas that I hope are not merely features I have yet to discover.

Entry Statistics
-------------------

I'm having a good time authoring my masters thesis in an environment that makes collecting and retrieving references a cake. How about a word count feature? Really important. And child entry counts? Treepad has a lot of this stuff built-in.

Modify Contact Form
--------------------------

The contact form is thorough but monstrous for most of my applications. Since I can edit just about everything else in this product, there's probably an excellent reason why you don't allow this yet, but I'm still interested. I'd like to derive a custom contact form and use it in entries derived from the contact template.

Template Library Management
--------------------------------------

I can see that over the years, I'm going to have a bunch of template derivations that I'd like to collect. How you would like to help me manage a template library instead of making me create one in a centralized URD that I keep somewhere sneaky? It would make sharing templates among your users a little more structured too.
Old 03-09-2008, 06:26 PM

Re: I'm still at it - diverse notions

Quote:
Originally posted by TimP
How about a word count feature?
alt+F7 or go to Tools->Text statistics

Quote:
And child entry counts?
go to View->Status Bar. You get info about number of parents, children, keywords, ...

Quote:
I'd like to derive a custom contact form and use it in entries derived from the contact template.
ok, so create your custom contact form. Go to Tools->Forms, and then assign the form you've created to your template.
Old 03-09-2008, 06:49 PM

Re: I'm still at it - diverse notions

A little help with the undiscovered features part.....

And child entry counts? View| Status Bar Counts of Children are there.

Modify Contact Form? Can't modify the Contact form but the Contact template can be modified to use a custom user-defined form instead of the built-in Contact form. You will loose the Send and Go buttons.

Edit>I must be a slow thinker...I see quant's post predates mine...

Last edited by $bill; 03-09-2008 at 06:59 PM.
Old 03-10-2008, 06:58 AM

Location: I live in a small village a few minutes south of Ottawa, Canada
See, I looked up word count (one the of most common writer's expressions - journalists, scholars, etc.) and did not find it. After 5 minutes of looking through options, I gave up.

As far as custom address books goes, I did just that - created a form and attached it to a template - but you do lose the send button, which is very, very convenient for an address book. I guess you'd have to bind those fields to the functionality instead of the forms.

Many problems (and dreams) would disappear with access to a macro language (just imagine that) but this is a different world. Macro languages are typically associated with text editors which tend to be used by geeks (as in programmers) and UR is intended for normal humans.

Thanks folks for helping the newbie. I'll just stop posting for a month or so. I can re-read help files and menus only so often.

Last edited by TimP; 03-10-2008 at 07:08 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: