Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 11-15-2012, 12:35 AM

Exporting to OML and re-importing

I am trying to export to OML and then re-import from it.
The export works fine ("Notes" item and below) but on importing only the hierarchy is created but the item details pane is blank. I don't select any specific options other than "Store files contents in Ultra Recall". Attached are the source db temp.urd, the destination db temp1.urd (after import) and the export files in the testUR folder.
Could you have a look ? (winxp sp3 UR5)
Attached Files
File Type: zip import-export-test.zip (158.9 KB, 1363 views)
Old 11-15-2012, 06:39 AM
Administrator

Extract the attached file, double-click DisableXMLExportRTFAsHTML.reg, restart UR, and export again.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Reg.zip (584 Bytes, 1203 views)
Old 11-15-2012, 10:47 AM

Cool. That works. Just one thing, the created date is not brought in from the file (and "date created" isn't one of the values in the attributes drop-down on import).
I guess you could argue that the item is created the moment of import but the main purpose here is to create my own oml file and then import it into UR. The original created date becomes useful to see how old the information is before archiving or deleting. Also, doing a copy/paste across DBs preserves the creation date (a good thing).

edit: I just tried the UseImportedFileTimeStamp registry option I found here: http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthre...9984#post19984 but did NOT do the trick.

Last edited by seanferns; 11-15-2012 at 11:32 AM.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:12 AM

And an item based on Folder template item gets imported as Document so it doesn't display the folder contents in the details pane.

One more thing unrelated to the above but which I came across while trying out the export/import is this:

1. See that "Enable enhanced full-text search features" is checked.
2. Extract the zip file into a folder
3. open index.html in firefox and click on the UR link icon.
4. goto UR and search for "technology to let you instantly compare". It will find the item just imported.
5. With compact and repair db selected, UNcheck "Enable enhanced full-text search features" and click ok.
6. With compact and repair db selected, CHECK "Enable enhanced full-text search features" and click ok.
7. search for "technology to let you instantly compare". It can no longer find it. Even doing a synchronize doesn't work.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 20120709120128.zip (301.0 KB, 1325 views)

Last edited by seanferns; 11-16-2012 at 02:48 AM.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:00 AM
Administrator

OML export/import does not include date created or the UR item template type. It wasn't intended to support round-tripping UR data with full fidelity.

Linked documents/URLs are not parsed for keywords when converting to enhanced FTS mode. Non-FTS mode is only there for compatibility with old databases, and I would not recommend switching back and forth.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinook View Post
OML export/import does not include date created or the UR item template type. It wasn't intended to support round-tripping UR data with full fidelity.
hmmmm... seems that only one field has a discrepancy to support full fidelity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinook View Post
Linked documents/URLs are not parsed for keywords when converting to enhanced FTS mode. Non-FTS mode is only there for compatibility with old databases, and I would not recommend switching back and forth.
The switching back and forth is that sometimes the search stops returning results (quite rare but does happen) and disabling/enabling the FTS is what I saw recommended on this forum. (http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthre...4984#post19487)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: