Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Visual Build Professional > [VBP] Third Party Tools

Old 01-13-2005, 05:32 AM

Question Visual Build 5.1 and InstallShield DevStudio 9

I have a DevStudio 9 InstallScript MSI installer which I can open and will build with no errors. When I call it from Visual Build (5.1) it has errors about ISMSI_HANDLE, MsiGetProperty and MsiSetProperty being undeclared identifiers. The versions of the compilers listed when I build with Visual Build and DevStudio are the same (9.1.0.429)

I have the Standalone build of Developer 8 and the full DevStudio 9 installed but I don't see how this could be the problem as both versions recognise ISMSI_HANDLE, MsiGetProperty and MsiSetProperty.

I have had to move the locations of the script files from the default save locations in order for Visual Build to generate the command line for the compile.exe to point to the srcipts.

The command line logged by Visual Build has the following paths to the include directories which is appears correct for a DevStudio installer

... "C:\Program Files\InstallShield\DevStudio 9\Script\Ifx\Lib\Ifx.obl" "C:\Program Files\InstallShield\DevStudio 9\Script\Isrt\Lib\Isrt.obl" ...

... -i"C:\Program Files\InstallShield\DevStudio 9\Script\Ifx\Include" -i"C:\Program Files\InstallShield\DevStudio 9\Script\Isrt\Include" ...

Any suggestions?

Last edited by AndrewGarner; 01-13-2005 at 06:13 AM.
Old 01-13-2005, 06:52 AM
Administrator

Update to the latest version. There was a fix in 5.2 that would apply to your situation.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: