Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 12-05-2005, 12:53 PM

Quick Search not finding items

Increasingly often I'm finding that UR doesn't find items that it should find when using Quick Search. The items it misses are often email (.eml) messages that I've imported, but it does miss other types of documents too. If I look at the list of keywords for an item, it does contain the keywords I enter in the search dialogue.

Is there any maintenance I can do on the database to sort this?
Old 12-05-2005, 01:18 PM

What you are describing should not occur (if I understand you correctly). If the Info Item is keyworded properly (the keywords you expect do exist) then I am not sure what else you can do to cause the search to function as expected.

What type of search is being used (Quick or Advanced, if Advanced, what is the defined criteria)? If you create a new Info Database and copy an Info Item not being "found" to the new .urd file, does the same search fail to find this same Info item in the new database?

If so, can you save the search being used (in the new .urd file), then send this new .urd file to support@kinook.com for our analysis?
Old 12-05-2005, 01:37 PM

Smile

Thanks for your quick reply. I'm using Quick Search. As suggested I copied the item to a new database; the Quick Search found it without any problem there.

I've now compacted the database. This reported a 1% reduction in the size; it's now 627 MB. And, I can now find the expected items with Quick Search. When compacting I unchecked the repair option because I'd tried that before and it failed to complete.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:38 AM

Emptying the Recycle Bin fixes this problem for me.

I run into it every couple of weeks.
Created a new URD the 1st time.

Dug into it a little deeper the next time and ran across the Recycle Bin work-around.

Fixes it every time.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DonMcKenzie
Emptying the Recycle Bin fixes this problem for me.

I run into it every couple of weeks.
Created a new URD the 1st time.

Dug into it a little deeper the next time and ran across the Recycle Bin work-around.

Fixes it every time.
Thanks. Before compacting the database I emptied the Recylcle Bin to see if that would help; unfortunately it didn't, but I've had the problem before and it went away, so maybe emptying the Bin fixes it sometimes.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:25 PM

This is the first report we've received of this strange search behaviour. That it can be fixed by compacting, repairing and/or emptying the Recycle Bin is also unexpected. If anyone encounters this behaviour and would be willing to email or ftp a zipped copy of the .urd file in question, we will certainly take a look and fix any identified bugs.

Email the zipped .urd file to support@kinook.com, if using ftp, post it to ftp.kinook.com into the /incoming folder (using anonymous credentials). If you ftp it, please send a followup email to support@kinook.com with the file name and description of the failing search.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: