Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 06-30-2010, 05:14 AM

Internal linking and alt-L

hi,

The Help file says that the way to create an internal link is to click and drag the item to be linked to onto the item where you want the link to be. I was sure you could also do this by using Alt-L, as long as the focus was on the Item. (Whereas using alt-L while in the Data Explorer creates a logical link for that item).

Trying it now, alt-L always makes a logical link (or move, or copy) for the item itself, even if the cursor is in the item. I was certain I could remember creating internal links using alt-L while in the item - can someone just confirm if I am in fact mistaken?

cheers

Smith-Corona
Old 06-30-2010, 06:40 AM
Administrator

Make sure that 'Tools | Options | Editor | Create internal links from Link/Move dialog with focus in Details pane' is checked.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:19 AM

Thanks! I was just starting to think (after posting) "this must be an option somewhere that's become unticked". Lo and behold, it is...

A suggestion - this option might be worth including in the Help file under the Internal linking section, as it does provide another (and I think quite handy) way of internally linking.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:14 AM

I am looking to link to a document but I want the actual link in the main document, not a sub-document.

Basically it would be a internal hyperlink inside of a main document.

One suggestion would be able to right click and find an option to click on link. When you click on link it opens a window that allows you to navigate to the document to link.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:39 AM
Administrator

Within a text item, you can create an internal link to another item using the Link/Move dialog (Tree | Link/Move on the menu), provided the aforementioned option is checked.
Old 07-08-2010, 12:35 PM

I see it, thx.
Old 07-08-2010, 12:41 PM
Administrator

Go to Tools | Customize | Menus, select the 'Item Details (rich text)' context menu, switch to the Commands tab, and drag/drop the Tree->Link/Move command onto the context menu.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: