Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 01-15-2008, 07:57 PM

The No RTTI Data access violation again

I have the latest, 3.2.6 UR Pro. This is the first time I can recollect getting this RTTI access violation - at least in recent memory. There are a few posts mentioning this, but there doesn't seem to be an obvious cause or solution?

I came across it when clicking on an imported/linked Outlook 2007 email - clicking on it in the search results pane, and then attempting to use the link "click here to open this message" - which I could see at first, but when I tried to activate it, it just disappeared - and then when navigating away from the detail view got the first access violation which basically said "error loading item detail - then: click ok to close that error message - then attempted to click on a different item in the explorer pane - at which point - access violation - no rtti data - and this error was infinitely repeating - although I could access the file menu to exit.

I managed to delete the causative email Item from UR.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:15 PM

Try http://www.kinook.com/Forum/printthr...threadid=3016. Hope it helps.
Armstrong
Old 01-15-2008, 09:44 PM

well - that post doesn't really help I have to say, but thanks anyway...

I expect it is some kind of error to do with UR losing its internal pointer to item internal content or external links - and throwing some violations that for who knows what reason seem to be untraceable?
Old 01-20-2008, 10:21 PM

Have you received solution from Kinook?
You seem to be a fervent user of MindManager. How do you utilize both UR and MM to boost productivity? BTW, do you also use ResultsManager and GyroQ? Can you share your experience with us?
Armstrong
Old 01-20-2008, 11:12 PM

I got no reply from Kinook...

Re mindmanager... actually I don't use it much any more. You can create visually attractive maps, but I found it very labor intensive trying to use it for information management, and getting things done - and I also din't trust its reliability to use it as the place where I would store all my "mission critical" data. I do trust UltraRecall.

At the end of the day, so to speak, Ultrarecall has got more functionality for GTD, & information management than any other system - so in that sense I have found it much simpler to use one application to do all of that.

There's a few things missing in UR, which for me are mostly all covered in the roadmap.

I got very captivated by Personal Brain 4 recently - but after much trial and error, I do use it, but only minimally compared with UR.

I might have another go at using Personal Brain to store links to UR Items, a bit like Favorites with bells and whistles.
Old 01-20-2008, 11:55 PM

Ian,
Thanks a lot for sharing your personal experience. More or less, we're on the same path as far as MM is concerned. For high quality intelligence, MM can hardly rival UR. For example, filing a Motion for Nunc Pro Tunc Order, UR can look up the relevent rules in all 50 states in seconds. This can't be done in MM. Therefore, now UR is my primary mission-critical system on a daily basis. Still, for highly complex conceptualization and strategic planning, I still use MM.
Armstrong
Old 01-21-2008, 07:37 AM
Administrator

We will need more information to reproduce. If the problem was specific to a particular item, sending a db with an item that causes the error would be helpful. Thanks.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: