Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Visual Build Professional > [VBP] Third Party Tools

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-03-2004, 07:07 PM

Unhappy How to check in files recursively in VSS?

I have a VSS solution that contains a number of hierarchical projects, with web applications contained in one folder and components contained in another folder, similar to:

$/Projects/MyProject
$/Projects/MyProject/Web
$/Projects/MyProject/Web/WebApp1
$/Projects/MyProject/Web/WebApp2
$/Projects/MyProject/Objects
$/Projects/MyProject/Objects/Object1
$/Projects/MyProject/Objects/Object2

I have succeeded in setting the working folder for each project in the solution using the VSS 'WorkFld' step, I have succeeded in checking out all my AssemblyInfo.vb files recursively using the 'Checkout' step, I have succeeded in setting the Version Info for each file using the VS.NET step, but I'm having no success in recursively checking in the files that I've modified... the step seems to complete, but the files don't get changed in VSS. What could the problem be?

I'm not getting a "Files not checked in" message in the output window, and the files are correctly checked out to their respective folders, and modified correctly in those folders. I just can't get the files checked in - they remain correctly modified in their working folders, but they're no longer checked out, and the files aren't updated in VSS. This is driving me crazy...

I've attached a ZIP file with the BLD file and an RTF with the output log (only selected commands were executed, those directly related to setting the working folders, checking out the files, updating the version info, and checking in the files)
Attached Files
File Type: zip checkin problems.zip (8.9 KB, 876 views)
Old 05-03-2004, 09:03 PM
Administrator

The easiest way is to avoid working folders altogether, and do a recursive checkin, specifing the base local path and equivalent base VSS project, as demonstrated in the VStudio.bld sample ('Check In All Files' step).

If you need to use working folders for some reason, these posts might be helpful:
http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthread.php?threadid=354
http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthread.php?threadid=1
Old 05-04-2004, 12:22 PM

Cool Excellent solution

Thank you "Administrator"

I removed the "WorkFldr" steps from my VBP file, and set the "Get", "Checkout" and "Checkin" commands to work recursively with base paths specified, and now everything works perfectly !!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: