Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-27-2007, 12:33 AM

Definition of Document Summary Attributes

How could users find out the exact case-sensitive spellings of the respective document summary (property) field names in order to create the corresponding attributes in UR? In accordance with UR manaual, it's case sensitive.

Does the Windows Explorer's Property reveal the exact spelling of the Document Summary field names?

I understand:
[1] UR can keyword these doument summary properties automatically;
[2] usrs can create the corresponding Attributes.

Questions: Can UR create these summary property attributes automatically?

Armstrong

Last edited by armsys; 12-27-2007 at 12:38 AM.
Old 12-27-2007, 09:56 AM

Ultra Recall currently does not create these attributes automatically, but below is the complete list of document summary "attributes" that should work (with case-sensitive spelling):

Album Title
AppName
Artist
Audio sample rate
Audio sample size
Author
Bit Rate
Brightness
Bytes
Camera Model
Category
Channels
Char Count
Color Space
Comments
Company
Compression
Contrast
Copyright
Created
Creation Software
DataRate
Date Picture Taken
Doc Security
Duration
Edit Time
Editor
Equipment Make
Exposure Compensation
Exposure Mode
Exposure Program
Exposure Time
Flash Mode
F-Number
Focal Length
Format
Frame Count
FrameHeight
FrameRate
FrameWidth
Genre
HeadingPairs
Height
HiddenSlides
Horizontal Resolution
ISO Speed
Keywords
Last Printed
Last Saved
LastAuthor
Lens Aperture
Light Source
Lines
LinksUpToDate
Lyrics
Manager
Metering Mode
MMClips
Notes
Owner
Page Count
Paragraphs
PresentationTarget
Production
Project
Rating
Revision Number
SampleSize
Saturation
ScaleCrop
Sequence Number
Sharpness
Shutter Speed
Slides
Source
Status
Stream Name
Stream Number
Subject
Subject Distance
Supplier
Template
Thumbnail
TimeLength
Title
TitlesofParts
Track Number
Vertical Resolution
White Balance
Width
Word Count
Year
Old 12-27-2007, 10:29 AM

Kevina,

Thanks for the very thorough listing. I also discover some repetition. Are they just typos or actual Attributes?
Thanks.

Armstrong
Old 12-27-2007, 11:22 AM

I corrected the list to remove the redundant listings (they actually are different (duplicate?) "attributes", the Document Summary attributes "system" used by Windows is a bit 'arcane'.
Old 02-23-2008, 12:57 PM

Working with Document Summary Attributes and mp3

I've created the following Attributes in UR, which correspond to Windows Document Summary Attributes for mp3 files (left out Lyrics):

Artist
Album Title
Year
Track Number
Genre
Title
Comments
Duration
Bit Rate
Channels
Audio sample rate

I have placed these attributes on a Form (Album Track mp3). Then from the Templates folder, Insert Child Item (Document) and name this new template (Album Track mp3), assign the corresponding Form to this new template. This new template is assigned as the Default Child Template for a parent item Album Title.

Tree Structure:
Artist-GrpName\Album Title\Album Track mp3

When Importing files to a selected Album Title the Album Track mp3 template (and assigned Form) is used for the imported files, but the Windows Summary Attributes are not recognized.

By default the Document Template has a DocType value of (13), which is carried over to any new templates created from the Document Template. This DocType value needs to be changed to (12) for the Album Track mp3 template, then the Windows Summary Attributes will be recognized (during a new Import).

On my system (UR Pro v.3.2.6.4, Win XP Pro SP2) both (Channels) and (Audio sample rate) are not recognized by Import even after making the above adjustment to the DocType value.

Interestingly, I'm also seeing that Windows Summary Attributes is truncating the (Comments) attribute after the 28th character (at least for mp3 files).

As Kinook mentioned above, Windows Summary Attributes is a bit arcane, but this may save others some time and effort.

Last edited by ashwken; 02-23-2008 at 02:27 PM.
Old 02-23-2008, 06:45 PM

ashwken,

1. By "import," do you mean *folder synchronization?
2. Does your post intend to describe two issues:
(a) Incorrect DocType,
(b) Windows file attributes incorrectly or partially imported into UR.
Please correct me if I misunderstood your post.
Thank you.
Armstrong
Old 02-24-2008, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by armsys
1. By "import," do you mean *folder synchronization?
2. Does your post intend to describe two issues:
(a) Incorrect DocType,
(b) Windows file attributes incorrectly or partially imported into UR.
The situation occurs when Importing to an Item that has a Default Child Template value that is a Template based on the default UR Document Template. Since Forms are assigned to Templates, if you want a "data header" in the Detail Pane of a data file you need to assign a Form to a "Document" Template - from the Templates folder, Insert Child Item (Document).

When you Import files (any method of bringing (data) files into UR), and the Default Child Template value of the Parent Item (importing to) is the default UR Document Template or some text-type Template, then the default UR Document Template will be used to create the new Item - the default UR Document Template will "adjust itself" to the correct DocType value during import.

I think that this relates to what Kinook has referred to as the default Templates losing their "properties" when copied, in this case the ability of the Document Template to "adjust" its DocType value during import.

One solution is to assign the desired Form to the default UR Document Template, then all new imported files will have the desired Form and the Document Template functions properly (for DocType). But this will require some level of user management as import needs change within the database.

For example, the Item for Album Title lends itself to this situation also - it needs to be a "Document" Template so that you can import the album cover image and have an assigned Form for the album data (and image data if desired), the DocType value for images is also (12).

You can get a better sense for the DocType value by looking at the UR Sample Database - Document Summary.

Regarding UR's handling of Windows Summary Attributes, I'm not asking for a solution perse, just relating what I've experienced. Going forward I don't know if chasing perfection in this area is worth the effort. Personally, I'd prefer to see UR support audio and image tags internally.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: