Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] Suggestions

Old 10-27-2007, 04:02 PM

Strong recommendation - because I'm an idiot

Hi,

This is NOT a report of a bug with URP3. It is a report of a bug in me!

I just deleted a bunch of stuff from my Recycle Bin and clicked the box that says delete Outlook items. Or that's what I THOUGHT it said.

Big mistake. It actually says that it's going to delete external files and that the operation's not undoable.

Fortunately, Windows is forgiving and ITS recycle bin had all the files I inadvertently deleted. It was a simple matter to sort the Windows recycle bin by "date deleted" and then restore everything deleted today.

Because I'm such an idiot (freely admitted), it would be nice if Kinook could give me a rubber room to live out the rest of my life in. I'm guessing that's not practical.

In lieu of that, maybe give me a REALLY - ARE YOU SURE! extra confirmation on the dialog that I blew through?

I won't make that mistake again, but I'm guessing that there are others who might make the same unfortunate mistake.

Regards,
Bal
Old 10-27-2007, 04:46 PM

I would like to show you my support with your topic and agree with you that you are such an idiot.

PS. Sorry I couldn't help but reply to your posting, please take heart that personaly I DO NOT think you an idiot ;-)

But it is nice when other Ultra Recall users reply to postings and agree with you. ;-)
Old 10-27-2007, 08:06 PM

Old 10-28-2007, 03:28 AM

Re: Strong recommendation - because I'm an idiot

Quote:
Originally posted by wordmuse

In lieu of that, maybe give me a REALLY - ARE YOU SURE! extra confirmation on the dialog that I blew through?
Rather than "Are you sure?", "Are you really sure", I'd welcome a list of files to be deleted cause they are hidden in the item's url attribute and might not be obvious from deleting an item what is or would be really deleted.

So when the user ticks "also delete outlook ... or external files", the window should increase and below YES NO should be written sth like

THESE FILES ARE GOING TO BE DELETED FROM THE SYSTEM

c:/documents/bla/bla.pdf
d:/ ...

PS:
I deleted once file myself, cause the message starts with sth like "Outlook synchronized ..." to which I said to myself "I don't give a .... about Outlook, don't use that ....", and just pressed yes. Only after a day or so when I was looking for a file I realized that it was linked to that item and was deleted from the system.

Last edited by quant; 10-28-2007 at 06:01 AM.
Old 10-28-2007, 10:58 AM

Re: Re: Strong recommendation - because I'm an idiot

Quote:
Originally posted by quant
Rather than "Are you sure?", "Are you really sure", I'd welcome a list of files to be deleted cause they are hidden in the item's url attribute and might not be obvious from deleting an item what is or would be really deleted.
Good idea, the dialog is certianly large enough for what little information it contains.

Does it go without saying that you could remove Items from the list to be deleted?

In the menatime, a statement to the effect that deleted Items are going to the Windows Recycle Bin would be informative.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:35 PM

All ideas discussed here would be improvements - especially a rubber room for yours truly.

"I'll go ... Peacefully. Quietly. I'll enjoy it. " (apologies to Bill Murray).

Regards,
Bal

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: