Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2007, 06:37 PM

Launchy & URp

In the current FF the latest Launchydoes not recognize URp; check the current list of programs on the Home page.

Launchy never quite worked for me anyway but now I think Kinook should belly up to to the bar & to create something of their own to link FF w URp for this & one other reason.

For testing purposes, I switched over to URp browser IE6 as my default broiwser & my d/l_browsing speed slowed down to ratess I haven't seen since dial up days.

I have not tested IE outside of URp. Maybe that should be the next step.

Maybe others are having a different expereince than I am or have some suggestions which I'd like to read but my current setup with IE6 is really not acceptable.

I don't know about others but this affects the way I think about URp.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:37 PM
Administrator

AFAIK, UR has never been listed on the Launchy home page, but Launchy+UR does work in Firefox v1.5 thru v2.0.0.3 in our tests. It is also on our list to provide a native UR extension for FFox.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by kinook
AFAIK, UR has never been listed on the Launchy home page, but Launchy+UR does work in Firefox v1.5 thru v2.0.0.3 in our tests. It is also on our list to provide a native UR extension for FFox.
Good news. Thank you.

Yes, UR was once listed as a program that Launchy recognized but no longer. Any thoughts/possiblities for user to use FF within URp or is that just completely off the radar?
Old 04-07-2007, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by janrif

Yes, UR was once listed as a program that Launchy recognized but no longer.
[offered to clarify for any newcomers to the forum interested in using FF-Lauchy with UR]

No longer recognized? I think you mean that it is not one of the programs that FF-Launchy will automatically detect- this is true. http://gemal.dk/mozilla/launchy.html

And it is also true that the FF-Launchy's launchy.xml feature allows one to add custom applications like Ultra Recall.

Kinook has helpfully given us the instructions to do just that here:

http://www.kinook.com/UltraRecall/Ma...ingstarted.htm

I am successfully using FF-launchy 4.2 with Firefox 2.0.0.3 and URp 3.0.3.

I agree that having a native extension for Firefox is good idea to make the features available for those less familiar with bowels of the Windows OS.
Old 04-07-2007, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by $bill
[offered to clarify for any newcomers to the forum interested in using FF-Lauchy with UR]

No longer recognized? I think you mean that it is not one of the programs that FF-Launchy will automatically detect- this is true. http://gemal.dk/mozilla/launchy.html[snip]
Exactly but thanks for clarification. Also note -- not to be difficult -- that I, along w a # of others -- could never get Launchy working with FF & UR. I did follow Kinook's helpful thread.

You'll have to tell me your secret one day as I'd love to implement it on my own system. :-|

Updated 07 Apr 07 2:15 PM -- $Bill, your post encouraged me to try again. Todayw current FF & current Launchy & current URp, I've got the connection working. I'm a happier camper but am sitll glad Kinook is going to make their own.

Now if we could just use FF as the internal browser...... Thanks.

Last edited by janrif; 04-07-2007 at 01:21 PM.