Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] Suggestions

Old 11-08-2007, 12:39 PM

A note about Ultra Recall suggestions

Quote:
Originally posted by kinook
We do track all suggestions and feature requests (submitted here or via email) in our internal issues database. We think it's important to take care when adding features to integrate them well, while also preventing UR from becoming bloated and slow, and this is not always easy. While we do try our best to accommodate feature requests, the list is pretty long, and we don't know if or when we'll get to all of them.
you are doing excellent job, don't worry

Quote:
Originally posted by kinook
We do a maintain a road map for future releases, but we don't attempt to keep it comprehensive and up-to-the-minute with each suggestion that is submitted.
no one is asking for up-to-the minute roadmap, but if I remember correctly, last time the road map was updated was about 3 months ago. Maybe if it's updated on a monthly basis, should be enough.

This was already suggested on another thread. I think it would be very welcomed if roadmap is a bit more structured, sth like:
http://www.mylifeorganized.net/produ...tures-plan.htm

with sections like approved/postponed/rejected/maybe/ ...

And if UR has html export (which is already on the roadmap), then updating roadmap thread should be matter of one-click of a button to do an html export and another click to upload it to web.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:40 PM

What would everyone's reaction be if I asked that the calendar pane be moved up in the list?
Old 11-08-2007, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by janrif
What would everyone's reaction be if I asked that the calendar pane be moved up in the list?
I'm not everyone, but moving the calendar pane up the list definitely has my vote.

Regards,
Old 11-08-2007, 02:35 PM

I second that suggestion (it would also be nice if editing saved web pages would be moved up on the list of priorities).
Old 11-08-2007, 06:12 PM

Somewhat related question:
Does rating a thread have any use? (in terms of indicating that the feature suggestion is important to you?)

At the moment I simply reply to a thread with a good suggestion; that can get somewhat spammy though.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:20 AM
Administrator

Replying to a thread is probably the best way.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:36 PM

Thanks.

With regards to quant's comments on the roadmap:
I don't mind it not being updated alot (i.e. once every 6 months would be ok), but it'd be nice to be able to see:
- A bit further in the future, i.e. what's planned voor v3.3 and v3.4.
- Which feature's represent major functionality additions / changes (i.e. ability to hide completed items seems very minor).

O and it'd be nice to be able to vote against suggestions on the roadmap . Some of the suggestions on the roadmap seem pretty useless (from my perspective ofcourse ).

Last edited by Quantum7; 11-09-2007 at 05:18 PM.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:43 AM

I'm quite a vocal supporter of including a proper calendar in UR. If they did JUST this I'd be a very happy user. Even if it is a paid version upgrade, i just need a calander so badly...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: