Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 01-24-2010, 04:37 PM

Template confusion

I just installed the latest download of Ultra Recall (v4.1b). But now when I open a Sample database and try to insert any kind of child item anywhere in the database, it fails. Further, if I right click anywhere on the data explorer tree and look under "Insert Child"...I get a blank pop up with nothing in it...in sharp contrast to normal behavior where the pop up has a list of template data items to choose from.

I can open existing databases and they work as always, it's just the sample databases that fail.

(Caution I may have used some terms incorrectly above as I'm a novice to UR, but hopefully the point is clear).

Any ideas? Thx!
--
dg

Last edited by goggin; 01-24-2010 at 04:56 PM.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:05 PM

Perhaps this is the explanation of your observation.

http://kinook.com/UltraRecall/Manual...ightsub=sample

Note: The sample databases are read-only. To modify a sample database or use it as a template for your own use, click File | Save As on the menu to save the database in your personal folder. The saved copy can be modified as desired.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:13 PM

Thank you so much! It was the "read only" part of your message that lead to the solution. When I saved the sample under a new name so it wouldn't be read only...the list of template items popped right up as I tried to insert a data item.

Duh! My bad....I knew I was supposed to make a copy of the read-only sample files....I just had a senior moment and messed up...thanks for helping me out!
--
dg

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: