Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Visual Build Professional > [VBP] Third Party Tools

Old 02-28-2012, 10:50 AM

Unhappy TFS error with custom activity on 64 bits

Hi there,

I created a Workflow Activity for TFS to run VBP script with TFS. We currently have a lots of VBP script in version 6.7a and we cannot update for now. It why I used the version 6.7.1.2 of Visual Build Pro 6 server object.

My activity is created with Visual Studio 10, sp1. I tried to embed the interop types, Isolated the Interop (generate an Interop.VisBuildSvr.dll file) and nothing work. I have an error TFS is not able to find the interop file, even if in the same custom assemblies folder as my activity.

If I use the Isolated options, I need to add the VisBuildSvr.dll with my custom assemblies and in that case, TFS complain the file must contain a manifest.

Event Log:

Service 'Prod_VmBuildCtrl1_Controller' had an exception:
Exception Message: Problem with loading custom assemblies: Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Temp\BuildController\12\VisBuildSvr.dll' or one of its dependencies. The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest. (type Exception)

Exception Stack Trace:

On x86 machine everything work fine, on Windows 7 64 bits I have this behavior.

Anyone can help????

I posted a similar question on StackOverflow
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9...15097-an-error
Old 02-28-2012, 05:25 PM
Administrator

If whatever is calling the VBP COM objects is a 64-bit process, it may not work, since VBP v6 is 32-bit only, and a 64-bit process can't call 32-bit components.

Tags
activity , tfs , visbuildsvr

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: