Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 01-20-2010, 10:16 AM

Attribute pane

Is it possible to not display (turn off) System attributes? I would like to clean up my atttribute pane and leave only those attributes I want to see or fill in. I know this can be accomplished through forms, but I need something different and thought I would ask.

I am pretty sure this is not possible. Can I order the attributes in a manner that I determine, not alphabetical or by category? Work-arounds such as numbering prefixes won't work if you use the attributes in different templates.

Thank you.

Jon
Old 01-20-2010, 10:28 AM
Administrator

Re: Attribute pane

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon Polish
Is it possible to not display (turn off) System attributes? I would like to clean up my atttribute pane and leave only those attributes I want to see or fill in. I know this can be accomplished through forms, but I need something different and thought I would ask.
http://www.kinook.com/UltraRecall/Ma...utesdialog.htm
Quote:
I am pretty sure this is not possible. Can I order the attributes in a manner that I determine, not alphabetical or by category? Work-arounds such as numbering prefixes won't work if you use the attributes in different templates.
No.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:49 AM

1. Cool!
2. Nuts.

Thank you very much.

Jon
Old 01-20-2010, 11:42 AM

Is there no way to retain the ability to display the unchecked attributes in the related items pane and not display them in the atttribute pane? If not currently possible, would you consider a way to separate them? I really don't see why a full list of choices should not be displayed when I right click then choose "more" in the related items pane. Culling this list serves no purpose for me as I want to see a complete selection of choices for display. On the other hand, it is helpful for me to be able to turn off those attributes I do not need to access in the attribute pane.

I am also not in favor of an incomplete list of searchable attributes displayed under advanced search.

Maybe I am approaching this the wrong way. What are your thoughts?

Jon

P.S. I suppose I could come up with a work around by prefixing the system attributes with an asterisk, then list the attributes alphabetically.
Old 01-20-2010, 12:04 PM
Administrator

The attributes option currently affects all 3 views. We'll consider providing a way to separate them. Thanks.
Old 01-20-2010, 12:22 PM

That would be great and make UR even more flexible.

Thank you.

Jon

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: