Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 12-31-2007, 06:17 PM

New Contact Template in Samples

Recently I was looking thru the Sample Databases that come with UR (C:\Program Files\UltraRecall\Samples) and noticed that they all had a creation date of 10-15-2007.

I haven't paid much attention to the Samples, mainly just updating when a new version becomes available, or looking at a Sample DB when a question arises in the Forum. There's actually a wealth of examples of UR useage in these files.

What caught my attention was in the Contacts.urd, it appears that two new Contract Templates have been introduced - Contacts and Company, both of which have a Primary Attribute of Contact Info (just like the current Contact Template created for a new urd).

The new Contact Template has a different layout and has introduced some new fields - Spouse Name, Birthday, and Anniversary.

This is also the Template that is used when sending a Contact from Outlook to UR (in this db).

The second new Template is Business, which is essentially a Business Contact Item with a scaled down set of fields on the Form.

Since both of these have a Primary Attribute of Contact Info I wonder what Kinook has coming down the pike.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:31 PM

Having noted the new contact template how do I import/copy it into my existing db? I copied the business contact just fine, but for the life of me I cant copy/paste the contact template. I tried renaming it to no avail.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:52 PM

I still prefer the default Contacts template. It has the OL form, which isn't modifiable in UR.
On the other hands, the forms in Contacts.urd are of UR.
BTW, how can we create forms with radio buttons in UR?

Armstrong
Old 01-15-2008, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jpmnh
Having noted the new contact template how do I import/copy it into my existing db? I copied the business contact just fine, but for the life of me I cant copy/paste the contact template. I tried renaming it to no avail.
I don't think it is a "new contact template" but just the Core Contact Template that demonstrates that we can add new attributes and that we can display the contact information with a form that we can create.

The business template is not a Core Template but one that is derived from the Core Contact Template and can be copied to another database.

I have tested the sample database with Outlook linking and the new attributes of birthday, anniversary, spouse are not synced.

I was surprised that although I could get the contact form (showing the birthday, anniversary, spouse) into a new database, I could not get the new form to function. I could have easily created it myself in less time than I took to experiment but it was a puzzle afterall...

Quote:
Originally posted by armsys

BTW, how can we create forms with radio buttons in UR?
Armstrong
Kinook has previously told us that we can not.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by $bill
I have tested the sample database with Outlook linking and the new attributes of birthday, anniversary, spouse are not synced.

I was surprised that although I could get the contact form (showing the birthday, anniversary, spouse) into a new database, I could not get the new form to function. I could have easily created it myself in less time than I took to experiment but it was a puzzle afterall...
Thanks for your time and effort to clarify this situation, something that I should have persued myself before posting.

Once I found that the sample urd would use the suppiled Contact Template as the basis for contacts from Outlook, I assumed (oops) that all was well.

My apologies for the mis-direction, I will try and be more thorough in the future.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: