Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 03-22-2007, 05:42 AM

Reminders are driving me nutty!

In version 2, I could set a reminder, and by default it wasn't recurring. In version 3's otherwise-very-convenient 'appointment' template, by default, it recurs. So I look in the dropdown box for recurring... and I can have my reminder recur every day, or every weekday, every month, every year... but I don't want it to recur!! . So where's the 'never' option? Or can I at least mark a task as 'done'? I keep getting reminders for tasks I completed the day before. Do I have to invent a remote end date for every reminder to shut the darn thing up? (And then I suppose all my reminders will start chiming away happily again in 2008.)

Did I mention nutty?
Old 03-22-2007, 08:11 AM

I am guessing you mean the convenient new FORM in V3...By default my reminders aren't recurring....but by changing the Appointment Template I could make it so...

Have you checked your Appointment Template's Recurring Attribute? Delete that value if it is not blank (I think that's your never option)....I think that this will clear up the default problem for the new appointments.

Now to the appointments that have driven you nutty....I believe if you uncheck the begin date and clear (delete) the recurring value in those appointments, you will not be bothered again.

Last edited by $bill; 03-22-2007 at 08:21 AM.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:52 AM

So I go to the templates folder and delete the default value for 'recurring', so it's blank by default?

Got it. Thanks!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: