Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2006, 08:49 AM

synaptic relationships

There used to be a DOS product - back in the '90s - called Houdini by a company called MaxThink.

MaxThink's flagship product was an outliner called MaxThink. It still sort of exists, but the product never migrated well to the Windows environment. And Houdini never made it at all.

MaxThink had all kinds of wonderful stuff (bin sorting, hoisting, super easy hypertext, and all kinds of bells and whistles that I don't believe I'll ever see again). This is not about that.

Houdini was a non-hierarchical relation machine. You could set up hierarchies without difficulty. But you could go far beyond that. You could simply tag items randomly and have them be related to the starting item. This could be any node, anywhere in the system.

This is as close to "synaptic relationships" as I've ever seen in this kind of program.

I'd really like to be able to easily specify ad-hoc relationships within UR. Not just a one-way hyperlink, useful as that is. But many-to-one and one-to-many links would be invaluable to me.

Regards,
Bal
Old 11-28-2006, 06:31 PM

With logical linking in UR you can link one to many or many to one. If that doesn't do it for you then I guess I am not understanding the problem and need more clarification.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:58 PM

Logical linking might be a solution - I'll have to take a closer look. Thanks for the tip.

Regards,
Bal