Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2006, 09:34 AM

Insert Task Shortcut

I would like to be able to create a task and other template-based items, with a single-click on the Tree toolbar, rather than having to click on the dropdown arrow and then select the template.

For example, creating tasks is a frequent occurrence and it's a waste of time to have to first select the dropdown arrow from the Insert Child/Sibling buttons. Also, I sometimes miss the arrow and end up creating an item based on the default template by mistake. I would like to be able to simply drag a "Task" icon onto the Tree toolbar and then click on that icon to create a task.

It would be nice if there was a way the user could customize this and create Insert buttons for user-defined templates, but for now, I would be happy if this could be done for the default system templates.
Old 11-19-2006, 01:29 PM

If I understand what you're saying correctly, you can already do that, at least more or less - and more.

In the item attributes panel of the folder that you want to have your tasks located, there is an attribute called Default Child Template. You can set your folder to default to any one of those showing, including any templates you create in the Templates section.

No, you can't drag an icon, but I think this should get you to most of what you want.

And don't think of limiting this to just "folders." The folder image is just that: an image, an icon, meaningless by itself. Every UR item is potentially a container for other UR items.

Regards,
Bal
Old 11-19-2006, 02:09 PM

I know about the default child template attribute and that's not at all what I'm referring to.

What I'm looking for is a way to insert a task, or an Info Item based on another arbitrary template at an abritrary position in the tree, with a single click.

In other words, I currently have my default child template for the "Folder" Info Item set to "Folder" and that's how I want it set, because I most frequently insert folders into folders. However, since I often insert tasks into folders, I want to be able to click on a "Task" icon to insert a task with a single click.