Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 01-02-2009, 12:05 AM

New Attribute Visibility in Existing Items

Have come across the following:

For an on-going project I have a Template (2 - Album Title-Format) which I used as the basis for a series of sub-templates:

2 - Album Title-Format
2a - Album Title-45rpm
2b - Album Title-Cassette
2c - Album Title-CD
2d - Album Title-CD-R
2e - Album Title-LP
2f - Album Title-mp3
2g - Album Title-VHS
2h - Album Title-wav

this has allowed me to assign seperate icons and other media-format defualts while maintaining consistent Attribute assignment and Form layout across the "group" of Templates - changes to the "Master" template for the group are reflected in the "sub-templates".

I had the need to add the Attribute In_Collection (Logical), which was assigned to the Master template (and Form) and these changes are reflected in the sub-templates.

It appears that the default for a logical Attribute is No, where in this particular case the majority of the (existing) Items should reflect Yes.

I performed a Search for Item IS (Template), then Ctrl-A on the results, and In_Collection is NOT available in the IA Pane.

It appears that each Item must be "Accessed" before the new Attribute is "visible" (and available for updating).

For example, from the Search Results I can Access an Item, switch focus to the next Item, then go back to the previous and the In_Collection Attribute is now available in the IA Pane.

It appears that the user cannot update the Date Accessed Attribute across multiple selections.

Any ideas.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:24 PM
Administrator

Add

In_Collection not exists

to the search criteria, then select all search results and add In_Collection to the selection and change the value to Yes.

Date Accessed can't be directly edited by the user and is only auto-updated for single selections. You could set a really short access date and item load delays (i.e., 1) in Tools | Options | Miscellaneous, then individually select each item to update. Or perhaps use SQLite directly.
http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthre...?threadid=2825
Old 01-03-2009, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by kinook
Add

In_Collection not exists

to the search criteria, then select all search results and add In_Collection to the selection and change the value to Yes.
This did the trick, thanks for the insight.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: