Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2007, 11:24 AM

Alt 1 etc shortcut hijacked by layout toolbar

The ability to hoist and then save as a favorite was the winning feature that brought me back to UR from InfoSelect when UR3 was released.

I love the ability to define shortcut keys to these favorites, eg Alt 1, Alt 2 etc, which adds further functionality.

However, I do find that if I have the layout toolbar open, Alt 1 and Alt 2 seem instead to act as shortcuts to layouts 1 and 2. I am wondering if there is some setting that I need to put in place to avoid this and if anyone else has experienced the same problem.
Old 10-07-2007, 01:24 PM

I too noticed cntrl+shift+H to work fine but +U to unhoist is no longer working even though set as such in toolbar customization.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:50 PM
Administrator

Re: Alt 1 etc shortcut hijacked by layout toolbar

Quote:
Originally posted by StephenUK
However, I do find that if I have the layout toolbar open, Alt 1 and Alt 2 seem instead to act as shortcuts to layouts 1 and 2. I am wondering if there is some setting that I need to put in place to avoid this and if anyone else has experienced the same problem.
The mnemonics for the layout items (Layout &1 causes 1 to be activated via Alt+1) on the Layouts toolbar takes precedence over the equivalent favorite shortcut. In the future, we'll enable the text of that toolbar to be customized (to remove the mnemonic). For now, you would either need to close the Layouts toolbar or use a different shortcut (other than Alt+number) for the favorites.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:52 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by cnewtonne
I too noticed cntrl+shift+H to work fine but +U to unhoist is no longer working even though set as such in toolbar customization.
Ctrl+Shift+U was mistakenly assigned as the default shortcut for two commands (Unhoist and Strikeout). To enable its use for Unhoist, remove the other command (Tools | Customize | Keyboard, Item -> Format | Strikeout, select Ctrl+Shift+U assignment and Remove).
Old 10-08-2007, 04:19 AM

Kinook - thanks for the very quick and helpful response.