Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 03-12-2007, 06:40 AM

Unhappy Old 'other program is busy' issue is back

I wish it weren't...

I'm working in Word and switch to UltraRecall to look something up. UltraRecall gives me an alert box saying 'this action cannot be completed because Microsoft Word is busy.' The options are 'switch to...' and 'retry' (the 'cancel' button is greyed out. Switch to takes me to Word (which is not 'busy'); retry doesn't change anything.

I closed Word down altogether, so UltraRecall would have nothing to complain of. Now it says the 'action cannot be completed because the other program is busy.' Once again I can 'switch to' (a non-existent program) or 'retry'. The alert window is always on top and can't be closed; UltraRecall is unusable.

Ctrl+alt+delete.

UR used to do this ages ago - maybe in version 1. The problem was solved in version 2. I hope it'll be solved soon in version 3.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:21 AM
Administrator

The message isn't generated by UR itself (and nothing has changed in UR regarding how it hosts Office applications). See http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthre...?threadid=1758
Old 03-12-2007, 08:29 AM

Oh. So I suppose this is another sign it's time to reinstall Windows. Thanks. (*Rueful smile*)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: