Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 10-30-2012, 06:35 PM

Problem with the attribute type 'info item'

I am having a problem with the attribute type 'info item'.

I am embedding the attribute type 'Info Item' in a form with the intention of being able to easily logically link a document info item to a folder.

I have included it in a form within a document template. Wnen a document is imported and the 'info item attribute' box on the form is clicked the usual tree menut shows up and when a folder is double clicked the menu closes and the folder name appears in the appropriate place in the attributes pane. That is, if I double click on 'Folder 1' in the opened up menu then 'Folder1' will be seen in the attributes pane. However the original document is not shown in Foilder1 in the Data Explorer pane.

I am expecting the attribute 'info item' to work in the same way as the logical link/move facility which is available when I right click on the highlighted document in the Data Explorere window. When I use that facility to link a file then the file appears as expected in Folder1 .

Have I misunderstood what the attribute 'info item' is supposed to do? I would be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction,

Best wishes, John M.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:54 PM
Administrator

With focus in the Info Item field on the form, choose Item | Open Shortcut on the menu or press Ctrl+Q to go to that item, or Item | Open in New Tab (Ctrl+Shift+Q) to open in a new tab.
http://www.kinook.com/UltraRecall/Ma...mattribute.htm
Old 10-31-2012, 11:24 AM

Problem with the attribute type 'info item'

Thanks Kinook.

I have now resolved the issue which has arisen because of my misunderstanding of the attribute type 'info item'

I had thought that using the linkage provide by the attribute type 'info item' was the same as the linkage provided by the logical linking facility. I now realise this is not the case.

The Help file says
'Attributes based on the Info Item Attribute Type link that attribute to another Info Item in the database, providing another way to define the relationship of one item to another'

I am now aware that using the info item attribute type does not place the name of the info item document into a selected folder or anywhere else, nor is it intended to do. Using the link/move menu does place the name of the document in the selected folder and this what I was expecting and wanting the attribute to accomplish,

The context is that after importing documents I am opening them up, allocating attributes to them and linking them to one of a number of possible folders (with the file name being visible in the linked folder). For ease of working I have been wanting to do this all from the info item panel.

Thanks again,

Best wishes, John M.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: