Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Visual Build Professional > [VBP] Third Party Tools

Old 11-21-2007, 07:01 AM

Checking Source Safe Explorer options

Hello,

I'm trying to check out several files at once. In SS, they exist in different "projects", which means different folders on hard disk. Due to this, I can't use a macro for "Path for local files".

I have now read that I can leave this textbox empty in case I'd like to let source safe determine the path. However, I need to check the option "Assume working folder based on current project" in Source Safe Explorer Options.

My build script runs on multiple PCs. I cannot assure that all of them have this setting. Is there a way of determining the value of this option? It is not necessary to set the value programmatically, but I'd at least like to stop the build process with an error message.

Otherwise all files get checked out to the root directory of the drive which is a real mess...

Thank you!

Another option would be that I have multipe SourceSafe Actions, each specifying a different path for local files. I tried that - it is impossible to maintain.
Idea for future version: What I need would be one line of local paths for each line of files to process.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:45 AM

Found solution

I found a way which works for me:
The setting can be applied to the SourceSafe database by setting
Force_Dir = yes
in the file srcsafe.ini.

It seems then to be independent of the actual checkbox state of SourceSafe Explorer.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: