Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Visual Build Professional > [VBP] Third Party Tools

Old 12-19-2006, 09:42 PM

IIS Virtual Dir for remote server.

Hi,

I am trying to create an IIS Virtual directory (And Application) on our deployment server with Visual Build Pro. When I run the IIS Virtual Dir script I get the error :

Error in Action (JScript) script code at Line 50, Column 4 (Path not found)

I'm not really sure how this can work, I want to create the directory in the Local path: field on the server machine and not on the machine that is doing the build. It appears (I could be wrong) that this script is trying to create the directory on the local machine...and therefore I can understand the error because the directory structure isn't set up on this machine.

I presume I'm supposed to be able to do this because there is a Server parameter to the script?

Thanks,
Colin.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:14 AM
Administrator

When creating a virtual directory on a remote server with the IIS Virtual Dir action, the physical folder for the virtual dir must already exist. You can use a Create Folder action to create it (but keep in mind that the path specified there must be relative to the local computer [i.e., \\server\c$\path\to\create] rather than the remote one [i.e, c:\path\to\create]).
Old 12-20-2006, 07:08 PM

That creates the virtual directory, but doesn't produce what I need. Using these settings, on the remote web server, the virtual directory is set up to get its content from "A share located on another computer" and the Network directory is set to
\\SERVER\C$\WebApplications\V1.0.0.12
as you suggested to get it to work.

What I want is to remotely create a virtual directory that is set to get its content from "A directory located on this computer" and the
local path set to C:\WebApplications\V1.0.0.12

Is this possible?

I would also like to set the Application name and the Execute permissions to Scripts only.
Old 12-21-2006, 07:49 AM
Administrator

The path specified in the IIS Virtual Dir action must be relative to the remote computer (i.e., c:\path\to\dir). But there is a bug in the action -- it looks for and tries to create the physical dir on the local computer. Attached is a .bld file you can build to fix this problem.
Attached Files
File Type: bld iisdirfix.bld (550 Bytes, 898 views)
Old 01-02-2007, 11:21 PM

Another problem..
I am getting :
Error in Action (JScript) script code at Line 21, Column 2 (Permission denied)

when creating the IIS Virtual Directory using the modified build script from above. This error only happens when I log onto my windows xp box with the DOMAIN Admin account. If I log on as the local machine administrator, it works.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks,
Colin.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:42 AM
Administrator

Not really, but some possibilities:
http://www.google.com/search?q=w3svc...ccess%20denied
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=271071

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: