Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 08-12-2013, 10:31 AM

Storing files types

Can you safely import and store XML files as well as storing Visual Build Files in UR?
Old 08-12-2013, 10:48 AM
Administrator

Yes, XML files (and Visual Build files, which are XML format, although any file format can be stored) can be stored in UR.
Old 08-12-2013, 11:01 AM

Thanks, but it doesn't display as I would expect. I doesn't show the XML code, is there a way to display that differently. Here is what I am seeing, see attached
Attached Images

Old 08-13-2013, 07:56 AM
Administrator

UR is parsing and displaying the text content of the XML document (XML files are not configured in any viewer and Tools | Options | Editor | Show item text for documents with no viewer is checked). To view/edit the files internally, add .xml to Tools | Options | Editor | File extensions to display in text editor. You can also check Tools | Options | Editor | Use syntax coloring editor for text files to use a syntax coloring editor (but you would need to first edit C:\Program Files (x86)\UltraRecall\Editor\Schemas\_HTML_ASP.schclas s, search for <*.htm|*.html|*.asp|*.xml|*.plg|*.inc|*.js> and add |*.bld for syntax coloring of files with a .bld extension).
http://www.kinook.com/UltraRecall/Ma...itordialog.htm

You should also add .xml to Tools | Options | Documents | File extensions to open stored documents writeable to edit stored XML files internally and/or check Tools | Options | Documents | Allow internal editing of linked documents to edit linked XML files internally.
http://www.kinook.com/UltraRecall/Ma...entsdialog.htm

Or add .xml to Tools | Options | Browser | File extensions to display in internal browser view to display the file internally with IE.
http://www.kinook.com/UltraRecall/Ma...wserdialog.htm
Old 08-13-2013, 08:09 AM

Perfect this is what I was hoping for, I tried the color highlighting but with source code mixed in some of the elements it doesn't show up correctly, and I didn't want to use the web browser to display it, but this is perfect, I just want to see the final source so this was a big help.
Attached Images

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: