Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 12-24-2008, 09:11 AM

Questions concerning re-install

As suggested in http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthre...&threadid=3893 I updated to the latest version. I had a couple of German pdf files but was unhappy with the upgrade. I attempted to downgrade to 3.5.3.0, but of course, Windows won't allow overwrites of newer files by older ones. I moved all of the UR files under /Program Files/Ultra Recall/ to a temporary folder for safe keeping should I screw up. I installed 3.5.3.0 without a problem. In comparing my old installation (upgraded many times) with this new intsallation, I see two files in the older one that are not present in the newer installation. These are:

SftTree_IX86_U_60.dll 566KB 05-20-2008
SftTree_IX86_U_50.dll 505KB 05-22-2007

Are these unused files from previous installations? Is it acceptable for these files not to be present in my new installation? Were there any other changes made to 3.5.3.1 other than addressing the problem with German language pdf's?

Thank you and happy holidays to all.

Jon
Old 12-24-2008, 10:42 AM
Administrator

Re: Questions concerning re-install

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon Polish
As suggested in http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthre...&threadid=3893 I updated to the latest version. I had a couple of German pdf files but was unhappy with the upgrade. I attempted to downgrade to 3.5.3.0, but of course, Windows won't allow overwrites of newer files by older ones. I moved all of the UR files under /Program Files/Ultra Recall/ to a temporary folder for safe keeping should I screw up.
The simplest way to go back would be to uninstall UR (answer No to remove personal settings), then install the older version.
Quote:
I installed 3.5.3.0 without a problem. In comparing my old installation (upgraded many times) with this new intsallation, I see two files in the older one that are not present in the newer installation. These are:

SftTree_IX86_U_60.dll 566KB 05-20-2008
SftTree_IX86_U_50.dll 505KB 05-22-2007

Are these unused files from previous installations?
Yes.
Quote:
Is it acceptable for these files not to be present in my new installation?
Yes.
Quote:
Were there any other changes made to 3.5.3.1 other than addressing the problem with German language pdf's?
No, and you can get back the older behavior in v3.5.3.1 via the .reg file in the 7th post of the thread you referred to.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:13 AM

Re: Re: Questions concerning re-install

Thank you for your reply.

Quote:
Originally posted by kinook
The simplest way to go back would be to uninstall UR (answer No to remove personal settings), then install the older version.
But what I did amounts to the same thing, right?

Jon
Old 12-24-2008, 11:18 AM
Administrator

Yep.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: