Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 01-14-2010, 11:56 PM

Outlook 2010 Question

I am committed now to Outlook 2010 - dragging/dropping, importing/Sync'ing individual Tasks/Emails works as it used to for earlier versions of Outlook.

However, in earlier versions of Outlook it was also possible to drag (or link/copy using the Outlook add in) an Email Folder or the Task Folder into UR (along with all its items in a single operation), and then Sync at the Folder Level, rather than individual items.

In my current setup I cannot drag and drop an Outlook 2010 Folder.

Has anyone any experience working with UR & Outlook 2010?

Does anyone please have any suggestions as to the best, most fool-proof way of keeping both in Sync (with Outlook 2010)?

Kinook - are you working on any Outlook 2010 compatibility upgrades (hopefully :-) )?
Old 01-15-2010, 04:07 PM
Administrator

What happens when syncing or importing an Outlook folder (error message, nothing, etc.)? We get Error synchronizing item: Extended MAPI unavailable.

Does the MFCMAPI executable work (download, run, and choose Session | Logon and Display Store Table on the menu)?
http://mfcmapi.codeplex.com/Release/...6#ReleaseFiles

MFCMAPI is a Microsoft utility that does something similar to UR for accessing Outlook. In our tests, it works with Office 2007 and earlier, but not with Outlook 2010 Beta on Win XP SP3 (I get MAPIInitialize failed with error 0x80004005 == MAPI_E_CALL_FAILED, which is consistent with the UR error). I wouldn't expect UR to work with Outlook if MFCMAPI doesn't work (and their web site does mention Outlook 2010, so I'm not sure what the problem is -- hopefully a glitch in the Outlook 2010 beta that will be fixed before final release).

We did make one small change to how UR tries to locate Outlook/MAPI (build 4.1.2.5), but it didn't help in our tests.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by kinook
What happens when syncing or importing an Outlook folder (error message, nothing, etc.)? We get Error synchronizing item: Extended MAPI unavailable.

Does the MFCMAPI executable work (download, run, and choose Session | Logon and Display Store Table on the menu)?
http://mfcmapi.codeplex.com/Release/...6#ReleaseFiles

MFCMAPI is a Microsoft utility that does something similar to UR for accessing Outlook. In our tests, it works with Office 2007 and earlier, but not with Outlook 2010 x86 Beta on Win XP SP3 x86 (I get MAPIInitialize failed with error 0x80004005 == MAPI_E_CALL_FAILED, which is consistent with the UR error).

We did make one small change to how UR tries to locate Outlook/MAPI (build 4.1.2.5), but it didn't help in our tests.
With MFCMAPI I get error: 0x8004010F=MAPI_E_NOT_FOUND.

When I try to drag/drop any Outlook 2010 Folder into UR I just get the "no entry" sign (circle with line through).. But that's the same when I attempt to drag/drop the folder to the Desktop. (I am on Windows 7).

Now got 4.1.2.5 but as you say - no solution yet.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: