Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] User Tips, Tricks and Samples

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-11-2007, 10:20 AM

Re: Option - Strip URL when importing

Quote:
Originally posted by Quantum7
I have the "store in UR" option turned on by default. Therefore I really don't care which URL the original file is from (if it's not a web address) as I immediately afterwards delete the original file.
word of caution. I personally decided against storing inside UR (only the most relevant info is stored). While everything is keyworded, that's not enough and nothing special by today's standards. As your database will grow, with the current UR search capabilities, your search efficiency will get lower and lower.

What's missing is (IMHO) relevance search http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthre...&threadid=1133

But the standard search engines offer much much more, I use SearchInform:
http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthre...&threadid=2237
"it has fuzzy search, proximities, search through current results, look for synonyms, similar search, morphology and stem searches, number of found words, highlighting, etc... "

But if UR's database (with all the context, ie. all stored pdf,html,doc, ...) files is searchable through say SearchInform or other search engines ... that would be another story. I think this will become more and more urgent issue in the future as peoples databases grow (my db is already big enough to see the search deficiency of UR)

Last edited by quant; 11-11-2007 at 10:31 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: