Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 08-10-2005, 12:26 PM

Unable to delete notes

When I try to delete notes, I get this error message:

"Error moving item(s): Foreign Key Violation! ItemLink table references missing row in Item table."

What does it mean, what could be causing it, and most importantly, what can I do about it?

Stephen R. Diamond
Old 08-10-2005, 01:16 PM

This is an error message from the embedded database engine that Ultra Recall uses for storing all data, and is indicating that somehow you have an orphaned link record... This is the first ever report of that error message, not sure how it could have occured (th embedded database engine in UR is fully atomic and even handles power interruptions during writes, etc)...

The way to recover is to do a Repair (available at Tools | Compact and Repair ...). You will want to ensure Repair database is checked (I would recommend unchecking Reset all system information to defaults to prevent any changes to system Info Items from be reset to the original defaults). You may also want to uncheck Compact database to speed the repair process (both compact and repair operations can be rather lengthy depending on the size of your Info Database).
Old 08-10-2005, 11:48 PM

Actually it took less than a second. I'm impressed by the way you seem to have thought through and covered all the angles.

Stephen R. Diamond

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: