Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 01-12-2006, 10:08 PM

wildcard searching question

I have a large number of saved web pages, and am looking for pages that contain one or more email addresses.

I created a search as per the attached screen shot. Somewhere around 90% of the hits do in fact contain email addresses, but the rest do not - AND THEY DO NOT CONTAIN ANY OCCURANCES OF "@" EITHER.

I do not understand why this search does not result in 100% success. How can it find documents that don't contain the stated search term?

Is it an erroneous search construction? If not, and it can find docs that don't contain the term, can it miss docs that do contain the term?
Attached Images

Last edited by igoldsmid; 01-12-2006 at 10:30 PM.
Old 01-12-2006, 10:19 PM

now I'm totally confused...

I experimented, and tried a slightly modified version of the search indicated in the previous post screen-shot... This time instead of finding 93 items, it is now finding 20 - and as before, I have so far found at least one article that does not contain any occurances of "@"...
Attached Images

Old 01-12-2006, 10:26 PM

and another twist

in the immediately previous post - i said that a wildcard search returned 93 results, in fact it was 94.

So now, I include both criteria expecting to get 114 results, and instead still get 94.

Very confusing?? Am I having a senior moment or what?
Attached Images

Old 01-13-2006, 08:08 AM

A Matches Wildcard *@* criteria will find any page with @ in any keyworded text, Contains Keywords @ will find any keyword starting with @, so the two will find overlapping results.

I ran your first search on my personal .urd file, and I can't find any Info Items where it found pages that didn't contain a @ somewhere (I was checking the keywords and found at least 1 for each Info Item - I didn't check them all, however as I found 450 matches).

At any rate, I can't imagine how that could occur, if you can copy one or two Info Items that were erroneously matched by the first search to a new .urd file (copy the search used as well), please ZIP and email it to support@kinook.com for our review.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: