Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 11-07-2015, 04:08 PM

Check for update did not pick up the 11/2015 update

I noticed there is a new minor update of UR 5.2.0.3 when I was googling UR. The app, however, did not pick it up when checking for an update. Not sure if this was intentional.

Also, could you please elaborate on the 3-pane outliner and the option to hide children. What use case this feature helps and where is the value. I'm unable to see it.

It was great to see an update even though minor. Happy to hear from you as always.
Old 11-08-2015, 07:50 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnewtonne View Post
I noticed there is a new minor update of UR 5.2.0.3 when I was googling UR. The app, however, did not pick it up when checking for an update. Not sure if this was intentional.
Point releases (5.2.0.x) aren't included in the version check. They're typically minor bugs that don't affect many users. The most recent release was not actually a bug, but a change that is cosmetic and only affects users on Windows 10. The date on the download page is updated for all updates and the history indicates which point release each change was in -- http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=5344

Quote:
Also, could you please elaborate on the 3-pane outliner and the option to hide children. What use case this feature helps and where is the value. I'm unable to see it.
http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthre...?threadid=4755
Old 11-09-2015, 08:00 AM

Thanks for the timely response. Great support.

Updates, however, small, I believe need to find their way to every user, This is why ...

1) Users feel connected and supported. They know the product they value is evolving and in alive. This is essential for Kinook as well to stay connected.

2) The process of checking for such updates needs to be fully automated. I ended up knowing about via google search!!

3) How about if you have the 'check for update' direct users to the version history page instead of 'you are using latest version' whey you are really not.

Thanks.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: