Kinook Software Forums

Go Back   Kinook Software Forums > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-26-2011, 10:42 AM
MrZebulon MrZebulon is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: 01-26-2011
Posts: 5
Import webpages stored on a local hard disk?

Hello All,

I am new to his forum.
many of my offline webpages I stored with SrapBook Plus within Firefox.
To import them to UltraRecall I exported them to another folder.
With the import function of UR I can import one single folder. that works. the webpage is stored. BUT
To import all the folders I input the name of the folder C:\temp\scarpbook_export conatining all my subfolders/webpages.
It seems thar UR polls all the folders becaue it takes a long time. but nothing was imported.
Is there a posibility for such a task?? It would be very unhandy to import every single folder.

Many thanks and kind greetings
MrZebulon
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-26-2011, 11:09 AM
kinook kinook is online now
Administrator
 
Join Date: 03-06-2001
Location: Colorado
Posts: 5,754
Check under My Data -> Imported Items. Importing exported ScrapBook Plus files does work in my tests, but you end up with all the ancillary files (images, stylesheets, etc.) as items in UR as well since that's the way they are exported from ScrapBook.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-26-2011, 11:32 AM
MrZebulon MrZebulon is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: 01-26-2011
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally posted by kinook
Check under My Data -> Imported Items. Importing exported ScrapBook Plus files does work in my tests, but you end up with all the ancillary files (images, stylesheets, etc.) as items in UR as well since that's the way they are exported from ScrapBook.
To import folder by folder is no problem. I've tried it with a couple of them. But to import all at once by inputting the name of the parent-folder doesn't work. UR worsk a while but with no import-result.
btw. a possibility to input the contens of the clipboard automatically would be very helpful. :-)

Last edited by MrZebulon; 01-26-2011 at 11:42 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-26-2011, 12:06 PM
kinook kinook is online now
Administrator
 
Join Date: 03-06-2001
Location: Colorado
Posts: 5,754
Quote:
Originally posted by MrZebulon
To import folder by folder is no problem. I've tried it with a couple of them. But to import all at once by inputting the name of the parent-folder doesn't work. UR worsk a while but with no import-result.
See screen recording: http://www.kinook.com/Download/Temp/ImportFolder.zip
Quote:

btw. a possibility to input the contens of the clipboard automatically would be very helpful. :-)
http://www.kinook.com/UltraRecall/Ma...portdialog.htm
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-27-2011, 10:40 AM
hartmut hartmut is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: 06-12-2005
Posts: 68
I export the pages from Scrabbook to a specific folder, let s call him d:\export.
Within this folder there is each webpage with its own folder
example

d:\export (exportfolder)
- d:\export\page1 (Webpagefolders)
- d:\export\page2
- d:\export\page3

in the explorer I search in folder d:\export for "index.htm"

The search result are all the index files of the webpages created by the export from srapbbook.

With "ctrl. A "I mark all index.htm in the search result and draw them to UR with the mouse.

Hartmut
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-27-2011, 11:16 AM
MrZebulon MrZebulon is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: 01-26-2011
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally posted by hartmut
I export the pages from Scrabbook to a specific folder, let s call him d:\export.
Within this folder there is each webpage with its own folder
example

d:\export (exportfolder)
- d:\export\page1 (Webpagefolders)
- d:\export\page2
- d:\export\page3

in the explorer I search in folder d:\export for "index.htm"

The search result are all the index files of the webpages created by the export from srapbbook.

With "ctrl. A "I mark all index.htm in the search result and draw them to UR with the mouse.

Hartmut
Hello Hartmut, (klingt so deutsch! ;-))

I'll have a try.
do you put all the marked index.htm files into the import-box of UR? Or one by one?
> oops I realize - you drop them to a folder in UR!!??

this could be the solution. would be very glad.

MrZebulon
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-27-2011, 12:16 PM
hartmut hartmut is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: 06-12-2005
Posts: 68
you are right I am German,
Well I drop all in one folder of UR, and if necessary I move them in UR to other folders. In scrapbook I save just to special folders.

Do you know the firefox add-on Multilinks ?
Very helpful.
When I have several links on a webpage and I want to save the linked pages I use multilink, which will open every link in a new tab.
Then with scrapbook "save all tabs" I save the pages in one new scrapbook folder, export them and import them via index.htm to a new folder in UR.
Just try it.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-27-2011, 03:30 PM
MrZebulon MrZebulon is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: 01-26-2011
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally posted by hartmut
you are right I am German,
Well I drop all in one folder of UR, and if necessary I move them in UR to other folders. In scrapbook I save just to special folders.

Do you know the firefox add-on Multilinks ?
Very helpful.
When I have several links on a webpage and I want to save the linked pages I use multilink, which will open every link in a new tab.
Then with scrapbook "save all tabs" I save the pages in one new scrapbook folder, export them and import them via index.htm to a new folder in UR.
Just try it.
Great help!! Thanks - Dank Dir! ;-))
Wouldn't it be a good idea to the developers to make this import a bit more comfortable? I didn't want to import the folders as files instead as webpages. The idea with the index.html works fine!

(ich werde dich heue in mein gute nacht gebet einschließen!)

Last edited by MrZebulon; 01-27-2011 at 03:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-27-2011, 04:26 PM
hartmut hartmut is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: 06-12-2005
Posts: 68
Mrzebulon, where you are from?
Where did you learn German ? our you are a native?
your German is excellent.
Hartmut
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-27-2011, 04:46 PM
MrZebulon MrZebulon is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: 01-26-2011
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally posted by hartmut
Mrzebulon, where you are from?
Where did you learn German ? our you are a native?
your German is excellent.
Hartmut
Hey Hartmut,
you put a big smile on my face.
Up to now I had 52 years time to learn German. Born in Saarland near the French Border - living in Regensburg now. But I wish my English would be nearly as good as my German! ;-))
I am glad to bought UR a couple of days ago. The best I could get, imho. And I've tried many competitors. One of the things I like most is the possibility to edit the stored web-pages and I am shure to find more ideas to improve UR. It's a great piece of Software.

Have a nice evening!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:08 PM.


Copyright © 1999-2019 Kinook Software, Inc.